Senior Engineer – Network Engineer
Mulonga Water & Sewerage Co. Ltd - Location: Chingola, Copperbelt Province, Zambia, Copperbelt
Mulonga Water and Sewerage Company Limited is the provider of water and sewerage services in Chingola, Mufulira and Chililabornbwe. The Company invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions at Head Office in Chingola and Chililabombwe Division.
SENIOR ENGINEER – NETWORK ANALYST
Reporting to the Manager Infrastructure Planning, the job holder shall be responsible for managing the activity development of hydraulic modeling of water supply and sanitation systems, and provide recommendation for network renewals based upon data analysis.
- Manage the activity of network engineers conducting hydraulic modelling of water supply and sanitation systenns
- Manage inspections, updates system maps and aid in planning maintenance and renewal strategies
- Conduct hydraulic modeling and simulation of water supply and sanitation networks to ascertain system performance
- Propose interventions to sustain or improve the delivery of quality services to our customers
- Provide technical support to maintena nce and branch management teams
- Compile standards and specifications for the operational teams
- Resolve engineering problems by collecting and analyzing field data. Prepare engineering reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends for the performance of water supply and sanitation systems
Minimum Qualifications and Work Experience
- Grade 12 School Cerlificate
- Degree in Civil/Water Engineering
- At least 5 years’ experience with 2 years in design, project implementation and supervision preferably in water supply and sewerage systems.
- Registered Engineer with the Engineering Registration Board (ER3) and Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ),
Required Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Ability to handle complex tech nical and contractual issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to make technical and contractual decisions efficientiy
- Tenacious and determined, but with a tactful and personable manner
- Excellent multi-discipline engineering skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent computer software skills including the Microsoft suite and associated engineering and contractual tools.