Senior Engineer – Water x3
Mulonga Water & Sewerage Co. Ltd - Location: Chingola, Copperbelt Province, Zambia, Copperbelt
Mulonga Water and Sewerage Company Limited is the provider of water and sewerage services in Chingola, Mufulira and Chililabornbwe. The Company invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions at Head Office in Chingola and Chililabombwe Division.
SITE ENGINEER – WATER x3
Reporting to the Senior Engineer Implementation-Water, the job holder shall be responsible for supervising construction programs for both in-house and contracted water network and water treatment works.
- Ensuring that contractors have displayed programs of work including all critical working drawings, constantly monitoring project cost quality and time.
- Holding site meetings after inspection of work
- Ensuring contractors has adequate levels of deployment of staff, plant and equipment on site for speedy implementation of works
- Ensuring adherence to contract provisions by contractors and consultants.
- Submitting monthly progress updates complete with labour a nd equipment returns.
- Reviewing all payment claims and making recommendations for payment.
Minimum Qualifications and Work Experience
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Degree in Civil/Water Engineering or closely related field
- 2 years’ experience in water supply and sewerage projects will be preferred
- Registered Engineer with the Engineering Registration Board (ERA) and Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ).
Required Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Proficiency project management and engineering design software (AutoCAD)
- Should have traceable design and project supervisory skills
- A team player with ability to supervise a skilled and diverse team