Operating in the majority of African countries, Video Entertainment is the leading Pay TV provider in most of the key African markets. Its strategy is to offer the best local and international content across multiple platforms to customers wherever they are.
The group’s strength lies in its focus on local language and culture, its entrepreneurial spirit and the quality of its workforce. Over the years Video Entertainment has built a successful track record of identifying trends early, adapting them for the markets in which it operates and leveraging them to maximum advantage. The group generates revenues mainly by collecting subscription fees, with a moderate contribution from advertising revenue. Its key objectives are to:
§ Build its Pay TV and SVOD subscriber base
§ Focus on investment and technology
§ Maintain a local approach
§ Provide quality service
§ Attract innovative and motivated employees
Position Name Regional Head: Customer Experience and Care
Direct Reports: 1
Reports to: Regional Group CMCO
Division: MAL Customer Care
Department: Customer Experience and Care
Key Internal Contacts
· MultiChoice Africa Country General Management
· CX and Care Managers within each of the markets
· MultiChoice Exco Team
· In-country and Regional teams, including Regional Director, General Management and in-country Care Management
Purpose of the Position: As the Regional head you will oversee the overarching customer experience, customer care strategy in certain countries with a goal of innovating and enhancing customer journeys and services over time to meet the changing needs of the business and customers. You will play a critical role managing the overall customer journey, customer experience, service design, management of quality control to ensure analysis, resolution of customer complaints, and root cause analysis in differing markets across the MAL Regional businesses.
1. Define, share and implement the CX and care strategy that supports the overall company strategy, and aligns with the organization’s brand attributes
· Provide input into the overall Africa Care strategy for the respective countries – addressing the following functions:
· Operating models for each country to drive the Care Strategy in alignment with the Customer First strategy
· Keeps all Exco up to date with the Southern Africa CX and Care performance against targets and progress of the care strategy
· Build the structures and processes across the continent to support the above strategy
· Guide and ensure the screening of candidates for customer-centric values and skills needed to deliver on the organization’s CX and Care strategy as part of the hiring and selection process.
· Ensure that the rewards and recognition programs are aligned to customer-centric behavior.
2. Management of the performance standards and expectations across the markets
· Agree performance standards and expectations in conjunction with the countries
· Identify common strengths and weaknesses within the Care Centers across the respective countries
· Work with the countries to identify common call drivers and assist countries to remove these call drivers. Facilitate fixing of TOP call drivers or any specific issue that prevents countries from meeting target
· Build, implement and monitor treatment plan that are common performance problems across our markets. Prioritize the intervention that improves performance the most. This intervention must focus on the root cause to establish the most effective long-term solution, rather than a “quick fix” remedy.
3. Develop and maintain CX care team
· Commits to excellence through continuous staff development programs enhancing employee engagement, service, knowledge, skills, and morale within the countries
· Implement a cx and care recognition programme to drive improvement and efficiencies for the countries
· Encourage countries to motivate team members and ensure that their efforts are recognised.
4. Establish sound governance
· Create as-is and target MAL CX journeys by journey stage, ensuring a holistic approach is taken.
· Identify opportunities for design with the corporate journey owners.
· Use customer insight deliverables to focus and define requirements for projects that affect customer experiences.
· Ensure that the design thinking and principles are implemented.
5. Define and implement a CX and Care measurement strategy that drives the right b ehavior
· Work with Corporate and define and define a measurement strategy
· Provide input to HR to ensure CX capabilities and KPIs are included and measured for each function, role and individual in the organization
6. Drive, manage and support all selected initiatives
· Drive selected initiatives that support the overall CX programme, such as Data Integrity, CRM
· Deliver results against a defined scope of work that includes measurable ROI, strategic innovation, performance reporting, and human capital development
7. Establish a quality management framework and implement across African Markets
· Implement a Quality Strategy Framework to standardize the QA function & outputs across MAL corporate and in-country teams.
· Identify when quality reviews are done, including adhoc reviews
· Drive the adoption and implementation of the QA strategy and framework across corporate and MAL countries
· Establish gaps related to capability, training and other factors that will impact the full adoption of the QA Strategy and framework
· Oversee and support the implementation of learning programs that utilize the most effective learning methods including, mentoring, coaching, on-the-job, classroom, e-learning, micro-learning, simulations, etc.
8. Define a journey strategy that aligns to the overall company and CX strategy and delivers against the customer promise
· Define a journey strategy for the regions and countries
· Define Journey owner roles and accountabilities across the countries
· Collaborate with corporate and country stakeholders to build the roadmap and outline initiatives that will deliver the strategy
· Define governance framework and operating model and track implementation of initiatives including tracking budgets, timelines, creating enablers (people, process and technology), managing and mitigating risks to ensure delivery
9. Identify and management specific Journey Improvements that will drive improved customer experiences
· Cultivate idea generation through continuous engagement with Corporate, Regional and Country stakeholders. Conduct analysis to unpack pain points and provide insights into root cause, develop and drive initiatives to deliver improvement
10. Build Capability
· Build Capability within Region and Countries for CX based on this model
11. Implement Financial management
· Creating and adhering to capital and operating budget across the countries
· Track revenue of linked to upselling of initiatives, implement and manage cost center framework, such as cost per call, cost per agent, cost per seat
· BCom Degree / Bachelor in Science or equivalent qualification.
· Extensive Customer Experience knowledge and experience required with a proven track record in the drafting and implementation of Customer Experience strategies
· Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in running a large Customer Experience environment
· Experience with working with African markets would be an advantage
· Good overall experience in all areas of the MAL Business
· MCA Product / Service knowledge an advantage
· Excellent Understanding and proven track record of use of Project management principles.
· Experience in Care channels.
· Relationship building
· Deadline Driven
· Strong Coordination Skill
· Conflict Management
· Strong Analytical Skill
· Strong Communication Skill
· Presentation skills.
· Business and Financial Management
· Portfolio reporting
· Project management