Multichoice Africa (MAL), a segment of Naspers, is a broad-based multinational media group headquartered in Dubai with regional office in Zambia with principal operations in pay television and video entertainment. The group operates in almost 50 countries in Africa. Its holding company, Naspers, is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and has an ADR listing on the London Stock Exchange (LSE). International investors account for around 50% of its shareholder base.
- An African platform operator, Video Entertainment’s expertise lies distributing media products, creating media content and selling advertising. Its key areas of operations are:
- Pay Television: direct-to-home satellite and digital terrestrial television services; and
- SVOD: subscription video on demand services across multiple online platforms with a focus on library and local content in developing markets
Operating in the majority of African countries, MAL is the leading Pay TV provider in most of the key African markets. Its strategy is to offer the best local and international content across multiple platforms to customers wherever they are.
The group’s strength lies in its focus on local language and culture, its entrepreneurial spirit and the quality of its workforce. Over the years MAL has built a successful track record of identifying trends early, adapting them for the markets in which it operates and leveraging them to maximum advantage. The group generates revenues mainly by collecting subscription fees, with a moderate contribution from advertising revenue. Its key objectives are to:
Build its Pay TV and SVOD subscriber base
Focus on investment and technology
Maintain a local approach
Provide quality service Attract innovative and motivated employees
Marketing, Commercial Sales, Customer Care, Customer Operations, Digital Enablement, Customer Value Management, Customer Experience & PMO, Strategy, CII, Legal, Regulatory, Finance, HR; General Entertainment, Media Sales, Corporate Affairs
Research Agencies; Advertising Agencies, Media Agencies, Digital Platforms, 3rd Party Channels, Events Organisations.
Purpose of the Position:
- To define the overarching regional marketing strategy and guide the implementation thereof.
- Develop and manage all aspects of the marketing function, giving guidance to the Southern Regional country marketing teams.
- To support the Chief Customer Officer in the overall brand portfolio positioning and architecture.
Key Performance Objectives
- Develop the Southern Regional overarching marketing strategy, ensuring that the strategy is aligned to the customer value proposition and address the identified country specific customer needs
- Develop and drive a content marketing strategy and roadmap; determining key priorities and investments based on marketing leading practice
- Constantly scan the markets in order to identify, share and embed leading practices within MultiChoice, helping to build a world class marketing organisation and maintain market relevance
- Identify key segments to target, including rationale / strategic objectives, and use customer insights to perform cluster analysis; classifying customers into segments based on spending, behavior, needs and attitudes
- Align the organisation internally around marketing, brand, and customer objectives
- Guide and direct the develop and execution of through-the-line marketing communications across all touchpoints
- Facilitate and guide the regional markets wrt the development of DStv and GOtv’s brands unique and compelling voice to build brand awareness, relevance, reputation and action among country target audiences
- Guide and direct the design, development, and deployment of campaigns to specific markets. Weekly, monthly and quarterly report on the performance of campaigns in the Southern region
- Monitor and report on all regional marketing campaigns and initiatives in order to ensure that these are designed, developed and launched within the given time-frame
- Manage consistent marketing and brand assets across the Southern region and drive brand desire
- Ensure consistent brand messaging across the organisation to optimize ROI and brand health
- With the support of the finance function and Corporate team, develop a marketing investment model to optimize marketing spend and resources across categories (including on air and centralised media buying) to ensure MultiChoice achieves sustainable growth
- Oversee the activities of the Southern regional marketing teams to ensure effective delivery of business outcomes
- Develop high performing Southern Regional teams by developing and sharing best practices and encouraging frequent knowledge sharing between team members
- Determine and analyse Regional marketing development needs for the team and ensure that identified training requirements are budgeted for and executed
- Participate in the recruitment of Marketing leads in the Southern region
- Motivate Southern regional team members and ensure that their efforts are recognised.
- Post Grad Qualification or Equivalent NQF Level 8 Qualifications in Marketing / Business Management or similar
- A minimum of 10 years of marketing experience,
- 10+ years of senior management experience
- Experience in African country markets; comfortable managing direct lines remotely (advantageous)
- Detailed commercial and financial acumen, balanced with creative flair
- Customer Centricity
- Developing value propositions
- Brand Management
- Reporting and Research
- Project Management
- Financial Management/Budgeting
- Marketing Management
- Regulatory and Legal Compliance
- Media Management
- Vendor Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Risk Management
- Negotiation Skills
- Future Oriented