Musike is a Zambian non-profit company, supported by the Swedish Embassy in Zambia, Norwegian Government’s NORAD and IRISH AID which stimulates private investment in the agricultural market, with a particular focus on the smallholder and emerging farmer sectors.
Musikc’s operations are national in scope and stretch across the agricultural industry, working primarily with those corporate in the sector that are committed to engaging the rural poor as their clients, suppliers and consumers. Musika provides its clients with high quality, commercially focused technical advice and business Support to catalyse and strengthen mutually beneficial commercial relationships between the corporate and smallholder markets- Musike’s approach to reducing poverty and creating wealth in rural Zambia involves stimulating the development of a supportive market environment that provides long term and sustainable opportunities for farmers to invest in their own businesses and to graduate out of poverty.
Musika invites applications from suitably qualified, experienced Zambian Nationals to fill the following position:
KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT OFFICER – AGRICULTURAL MARKETS AND NUTRITION -LUSAKA X 1
- Implementation of Musika’s knowledge management agenda within the project
- In response to the needs Of the Project Team and Musika’s reporting requirements, conducting and supporting a series Of research and MRM assignments that contribute to Musika’s understanding of the dynamics of the agricultural and agri-foods markets as they relate to nutrition, and to conduct regular monitoring and assessments Of the various interventions and Musika portfolios of operation.
- Research Design: In collaboration with the Research Team and in coordination with the Project Team, contributing tc the design of research initiatives, sampling frames and questionnaires and other data collection tools
- Research Implementation: In collaboration with the Research Team and in coordination with the Project Team, organising research activities, contacting Musika staff and key agricultural and agrifoods market stakeholders to arrange surveys and research initiatives, etc. and collecting data during surveys including baselines, impact assessments (farmer/household/rural community, intermediary and company levels), case studies and other targeted research
- Monitoring and Results Measurement
- Creating a database for all clients, interven tions, reports, etc. relevant to the Making Agricultural Markets Work for Nutrition Project
- Collecting data from prirnary sources (e.g. project commercial partners) the Project Team and the wider Musika Technical Team relevant to the collation Of accurate results for indicators in the Project Results Assessment
- Framework in a timely manner for inclusion in Musika’s reports
- Conducting intervention monitoring and assessment for interventions
- Collaborating with project staff and Knowledge Management staff in the aggregation of reports for various interventions, with a view to identify key research needs and areas requiring further insight
- Collecting case studies and stories Of impact on a regular basis to input into the Musika quarterly and annual reports
- Agricultural market research and assessment
- Workplan and budget development
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant subject such as Agricultural Sciences, Agricultural Economics, Economics, Development Studies, etc.
- A strong understanding of the Zambian agricultural sector
- Experience in nutrition-related issues an advantage
- Good and proven command of data analysis tools such as STATA and Excel
- Highly selfnotivatcd with good analytical skills
- Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to function as part Of a team
- An ability to write clearly and coherently and articulate complex Issues
- Willingness to work in and/or travel to rural areas
- Clean driving license preferable
- Excellent computer literacy
- Good team leading skills: designing and coordinating surveys, and spearheading the enumeration teams will be part of the responsibilities