Musike is a Zambian non-profit company, supported by the Swedish Embassy in Zambia, Norwegian Government’s NORAD and IRISH AID which stimulates private investment in the agricultural market, with a particular focus on the smallholder and emerging farmer sectors.
Musikc’s operations are national in scope and stretch across the agricultural industry, working primarily with those corporate in the sector that are committed to engaging the rural poor as their clients, suppliers and consumers. Musika provides its clients with high quality, commercially focused technical advice and business Support to catalyse and strengthen mutually beneficial commercial relationships between the corporate and smallholder markets- Musike’s approach to reducing poverty and creating wealth in rural Zambia involves stimulating the development of a supportive market environment that provides long term and sustainable opportunities for farmers to invest in their own businesses and to graduate out of poverty.
Musika invites applications from suitably qualified, experienced Zambian Nationals to fill the following positions:
1. MANAGER – MONITORING AND RESULTS MEASUREMENT, LUSAKA X1
- Participate actively in a dynamic Knowledge Management Team for research, communication and the management and dissemination of tacit and explicit information.
- Manage a process of design and development of an M4P (market systems)-orientated data collection and management system for quantitative and qualitative data resulting from the activities of the organization.
- Manage Musika’s monitoring and results measurement systems and the ultimate collation and quality control of qualitative and quantitative results for input into Musika’s statutory reports and other external-facing documents, and also into internal feedback systems into the technical operations of Musika
- Manage a process of development and regular review of results chains and measurement plans for all the practice areas that Musika works in (Business and Finance, Agricultural Diversification, Agriculture Technology and Environmental Markets) and ensure these comply with the DCED standard.
- Develop and manage a process of internal information and feedback management systems for the effective internal communication of results, observations and learning within Musika to be fed back into the implementation plans.
- Develop and manage an ‘unobtrusive’ external feedback system that ‘takes the temperature’ of Musika’s clients and allows for information from this to be fed back into Musika’s implementation plans and decision-making processes.
- In collaboration with the research team, design and conduct Musika’s impact evaluation initiatives, including baseline surveys, market systems analysis, company impact assessments mid-term and end of project assessments as well as environmental impact assessments
- Manage, support and mentor junior MRM staff in the collation of data, the aggregation of reports from both regional and head office to input into quarterly and annual reporting processes as well as with a view to identify key research needs and areas requiring further insight
- Ensure the functionality of an up-to-date and live tracking system for the performance of Musika’s interventions against economic, developmental, gender and environmental benchmarks, and manage the process of intervention assessment.
- Provide on-going support to technical and knowledge management staff for system management, data collection, analysis and dissemination.
- Provide input into the development of Musika’s environment and gender strategies’ development
- Provide input into annual work planning and budgeting on elements related to the technical and knowledge management teams
- Participate in shaping the culture of Musika and in producing regular external communication materials and sharing ideas for improved impact.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural Sciences, agricultural economics, Development studies, Demography or equivalent
- At least four years proven experience, with references, in a Monitoring and Evaluation position, involving private sector development
- Good command of data analysis tools — STATA and Excel is a primary requirement. Proficiency in SPSS as a secondary tool will be an added advantage.
- Some understanding of agricultural economics an advantage
- Strong research and analytical skills
- An ability to write clearly and coherently and articulate complex issues
- Good team leading skills, interpersonal skills and ability to travel to and work in rural settings
- Good communication skills —both oral and written
- Ability to multi-task
- Computer proficiency in word, excel, power point, etc
- Clean driving license
Only qualifying candidates sh0uld apply, enclosing their detailed curriculum vitae, which should include three referees, contact address and daytime phone/mobile numbers.