Purchasing & Supplies Officer
National Prosecution Authority - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
NATIONAL PROSECUTION AUTHORITY
The National Prosecution Authority (NPA) is an autonomous body established by the NPA Act No. 34 of 2010. Its mission is to “provide an effective and efficient prosecution service to the public in an accountable and transparent manner, in order to uphold the rule of law, justice and human rights”. In its quest to improve service delivery, NPA is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
Job Title: Purchasing and Supplies Officer, NPA/05 Salary Scale– Two Positions.
Reports to: Senior Purchasing and Supplies Officer
Duty Station: Lusaka Province, NPA Headquarters
Main Job Purpose:
To undertake the provision of storage, distribution and maintenance of procurement records in order to facilitate decision making.
Specific Duties and Requirements:
- Undertakes timely storage of goods in order to avoid loss and destruction.
- Maintains accurately an up-to-date Register of Supplies in order to establish a reliable supplier base.
- Prepares and undertakes effectively the provision of secretarial services to the National Prosecution Authority Tender Committees in order to facilitate decision making.
- Prepares timely and accurately bidding documents in order to facilitate decision making.
- Supervises effectively the procurement of goods, services and works in order to ensure their timely availability.
Qualifications and Work Experience
a) Full Form V or Grade 12 School Certificate
b) Degree in Purchasing and Supplies or equivalent
c) Must have a minimum of two (02) years of relevant post-qualification work experience.
d) Member to relevant Professional Body.
Skills and Other Attributes
a) Excellent writing and oral skills
b) Able to write comprehensive reports
c) Ability to work under pressure
d) Must be Computer Literate
e) Ability to lead and motivate staff ( managerial skills)
f) Interpersonal skills