Technical Support Specialist
National Savings and Credit Bank - Lusaka, Lusaka
NATIONAL SAVINGS AND CREDIT BANK
Technical Support Specialist x2
1. Purpose of the Job
To develop various applications and software that provide product solutions for various business needs and to effectively lead a team of software developers.
2. Key Responsibilities
a) Translates business requirements into high-level system specification
b) Determines development effort & impact out of business requirement.
c) Prepares detailed design and technical software application requirements
d) Produces logical system designs showing for example: processes, objects, data flows, inputs, stored data and outputs, and identify common processes.
e) Translates logical designs into physical designs and detailed program designs taking account of target environment, performance requirements and existing systems
f) Specifies application controls, audit-ability, security and availability within the design
g) Develops / customizes application software with user centered designs and interfaces
h) Develops end-user procedure manuals for new solutions
i) Develops technical support documentation for operations and support staff
j) Resolves, recovers and close application related incidents
k) Identify and classify application related problems
l) Perform root cause analysis for application related problems and resolves them
m) Issue recommendations for improvement and create a related request for change [application related]
n) Maintain and updates records of application related problem, known problems, known errors and workarounds and document all work with regards to the accepted standards
o) Produce detailed designs such as physical data flows, file layouts, common routines and utilities, program specifications or prototypes, and backup, recovery and restart procedures.
p) Plan, design & conduct tests of programs to ensure error-free or within permissible level results
q) Translates logical designs into physical designs and detailed program designs taking account of target environment, performance requirements and existing systems.
r) Collaborate with data analysts & DBAs to produce / update system object/data models and in translating them to appropriate DB schemas
s) Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
3. Qualifications and Experience
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field
- Ten (10) years programming and technical system experience in Banking/ ICT Industry is required of which Five (05) years’ is experience in development in webpage design using Java code (JSP and CSS), Microsoft .NET Framework, C#, .Net 3.5+ (Required), AngularJS, JSON, ASP .NET, HTML5, JQuery, Linus and knowledge of SOA and OO principles, design patterns including component
- In depth knowledge of the database systems SQL, Core Banking System and Programming
- Good knowledge in integrating with 3rd party APIs is required