Human Resource and Administration Officer
National Technology Business Centre - Lusaka, Lusaka
JOB VACANCY: HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER (HRAO)
The National Technology Business Centre (NTBC) is a Statutory Body established by the Science and Technology Act No. 26 of 1997 and Statutory Instrument No. 136 of 1999, both ofwhich are founded in the National Science and Technology policy of 1996. NTBC is managed by a Board of Directors drawn from various sectors and industry. The Centre’s main 0bjective is to ensure the promotion, marketing and transfer of proven and sustainable technologies to entrepreneurs in order to maximize their utilisation and contribute to sustainable national industrial development.
The NTBC is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced Zambian Citizen as Human Resource and Administration Officer (HRAC) of the Centre.
Develops policies and ensure its implementation, directs and coordinates human resource activities and ensures timely provision of administrative support services in order to facilitate the smooth operations of the Centre.
NATURE OF EMPLOYMENT
3 Year Contract— Renewable subject to performance
Position reports to the Manager Finance and Administration (MFA)
Key responsibilities ofthe Human Resource and Administration Officer are to:
- Strategy and Planning — Develops policies in Human Resource Management (HRM) on issues such as Terms and Conditions of service, Performance Management, Disciplinary Procedures, Championing change at the Centre, Develops HR Planning strategies
- Advisory services — Facilitates regular and accurate interpretation of conditions of service, Code of Conduct and governing Labour Laws and its implementation, formulates and controls the on-boarding process, advises on salary and other remuneration issues including promotion and benefits as well as development of job descriptions etc.
- Human Resource Operations – Coordinates and implements human resource management, development of programmes and activities in order to enhance staff morale and performance, deals with Industrial Relations matters and is responsible for Health and Safety of the Centre, oversees the timely preparation of departmental and individual work plans, implementation of performance appraisal system in order to monitor, evaluate and enhance performance and coordinates employee benefits & insurance plans ctc.
- Infomation Management — Undertakes effectively the maintenance and keeping of manual and electronic documentation for reporting, audit and operational purposes in compliance with regulatory, legal and other requirements.
- Administrative Support — Ensures timely preparation of payroll input, supervises effectively availability of transport system, allocation of office space, asset reglster, stores and distribution of goods and services and ensure travel arrangements for staff is performed
- Reporting — Undertakes and coordinates preparation of quarterly and annual reports in order to ensure availability of information, undertakes preparation of minutes and records at Board and Board Committee Meetings.
- Team Management – Ensures team building programmes are undertaken annually, develops training plans and ensures coaching and counselling of staff is conducted to meet individual staff needs
- Oversees the timely preparation of departmental and individual work plans and implementation of performance appraisal system in order to monitor, evaluate and enhance performance.
- Good interpetsonal and negotiation skills, Honest, Excellent Management and Planning skills, Reliable, Self-motivated, Assertive, result oriented, Analytical and highly integral, Excellent written and spoken communication, Computer literate
- Full Grade Twelve School Certificate, with at least five credits, including Mathematics and English
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management / Public Administration/ Business Administration plus any other related qualification
- Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- 5-7 years post qualifying work experience
- Practicing member ofthe Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management (ZIHRM)