Intern Project / Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Nature Guard - Kabwe, Central
An Environmental NGO based in Kabwe invites applications for the position of Intern Project/Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To supervise regular data collection from project beneficiaries and ensure quality of the data by random checks and validations
- To record, manage and preserve monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way
- To analyse and discuss findings based on regular monitoring data
- Provide technical support on M&E and evidence-based recommendations to the entire project team and Partners.
- Conduct regular field visits to implementation sites
- Oversee the conduct of baseline surveys and any other research studies by outside consultants
- Participate actively in programme planning process and budgeting of the project
- Write quarterly and contribute to annual reporting
- Diploma in social sciences, development studies, statistics, economics or related field;
- At least one year work experience in Project planning processes, performance management, monitoring and evaluation in an NGO project environment
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- A good understanding of the environment and natural resources sector;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent knowledge of statistics and research methodology including skills in sampling techniques and use of computer software for statistical and other relevant applications;
- Proven skills in critical thinking, assessment and analysis;
- Excellent communication, team building and training skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in and outside the organization;
- Ability to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability in report writing and presentation.
- Being in possession of a driver’s license will be an added advantage.