Occupational Health and Safety Institute - Location: Kitwe, Copperbelt Province, Zambia, Copperbelt
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY INSTITUTE
Occupational Health and Safety Institute located in Kitwe, established under the Occupational Health and Safety Act No 36 of 2010 is looking a suitably qualified and experienced Zambians to fill the following positions:
INTERNAL AUDITOR (1)
To supervise and undertake internal audit operations in order to ensure adherence to financial controls in the utilization of public funds and resumes
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure timely development of individual and unit work plans in order to monitor and evaluate performance
- To assist management in conducting business risk identification exercises and updating the risk register so as to create priority listing to be used in addressing the risks
- To participate in the development of the new information systems to ensure that efficient and effective controls are incorporated.
- To supervise and undertake timely preparation and submission of Internal Audit reports findings to management in order to communicate objective findings and recommendations for managements’ action and implementation to improve internal controls
- To assist in the implementation of Internal Audit recommendations and follow-up of outstanding audit recommendations.
Form 5/Full Grade 12 Certificate; Bachelors of Accountancy/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent Five (5) years experience in similar field, three (3) years of which should have been at Management Level; good knowledge of enterprise risk management and internal controls; should demonstrate compliance to the Professional Code of Ethics and the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing according to the Institute of Intenal Auditors (IIA) and ZICA; Registered member of ZCA
Attributes: Self-motivated-driven to achieve results; Computer literate; Sober habits; Trustworthy; Honest; Able to communicate effectively in English