Occupational Health and Safety Institute - Location: Kitwe, Copperbelt Province, Zambia, Copperbelt
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY INSTITUTE
Occupational Health and Safety Institute located in Kitwe, established under the Occupational Health and Safety Act No 36 of 2010 is looking a suitably qualified and experienced Zambians to fill the following positions:
MAINTENANCE OFFICER (1)
To supervise and undertake the maintenance of the plant building and equipment service of the Institute in order to enhance operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises and undertakes regularly servicing of plant and equipment in order to enhance operating capacity.
- Supervises and undertakes timely repairs of all broken down plant and equipment in order to keep them in an operating mode
- Supervises effectively contractors under the Section in order to facilitate attainment of set objectives.
- Maintains healthy and safe work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal codes and regulations.
- Prepares sectional reports and budget for submission to the Department Head
- To prepare periodically Audit reports for Board Audit and Risk Committee
- To supervise effectively the human and other resources in order to monitor and evaluate performance.
Form Five (5)/FulI Grade 12 Certificate. Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent; 5 years practical and demonstrable work experience in a reputable organization; Ability to design, read and intelpret Engineering drawings; Fully paid up member of EIZ with a valid Practicing License.
Attributes: Strong supervisory skills; self-motivated-driven to achieve results; Computer literate; Sober habits: Trustworthy; Honest.