Field Team Support Officer
One Acre Fund - Location: Kabwe, Central Province, Zambia, Central
One Acre Fund works to make African smallholder farmers more prosperous. We supply everything farmers need to grow more food and earn more income. We deliver quality farm supplies on credit, deep in rural areas, and trainings to improve farmers’ harvests. We currently serve 600,000 clients in six countries across Eastern and Southern Africa, and we aim to reach 1 million farm families by 2020.
One Acre Fund started in Zambia in 2016. In 2018, our team of 165 is serving 11,500 farmers. Our headquarters is located in Kabwe.
The Field Staff Management (FSM) Team is the people arm of the Field Operations (FOPs) department and is primarily responsible for empowering, managing, growing and developing our rural field-team in such a way that each member of the field team can successfully execute key responsibilities and achieve excellent performance in the field. The four drivers for achieving this vision are:
- Field Staff Professional Development
- Field Staff Performance Management
- Field Staff Recruitment and Promotions Processes
- Field-HR Processes and Systems
The focus of the team is divided between executing everyday staff management operations and the design and implementation of strategic projects that aim to improve staffing efficiencies in each of the drivers listed above.
Responsibilities will include:
Field Staff Recruitment and promotions
- Be a thought partner in the project design and roll-out.
- Liaise with Field Leaders and the HR department to ensure each step in the process is followed according to a predetermined schedule.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders to ensure all materials for the process are procured and delivered in the field.
- Assist in drafting a post-mortem report.
Field Staff Payroll
- Calculate and revise performance bonuses and incentives at different stages in the season.
- Calculate and update field team transport allowances.
Field Staff Data Management
- Manage and track field team performance data
- Generate a variety of user-friendly reports from databases
- Coordinate with HR and Business Operations to ensure all Field Staff Data is updated monthly.
Administrative and Logistical support
- Assist with content creation and own the process of printing, photocopying and distributing thousands of pages to remote sites on a weekly basis
- Liaise with internal departments and external stakeholders to facilitate the timely procurement and distribution of critical supplies
Implement Field Staff Performance Management
- Assist the project lead in rolling out a field-specific centralized performance management process.
- This is a highly complex year round project and will require extensive field collaboration.
- Coordinate with Business Operations to generate regular performance reports.
- Manage and regularly update Performance Dashboards.
Executing Key Field-HR Processes
- Coordinate with various stakeholders at HQ and in the Field to ensure all Field Staff PDRs are submitted, QC-ed, edited and sent back to the field in a timely manner twice a year.
- Track all active and pending Field Disciplinary Action Cases and liaising with various teams to ensure each step in the process is carried out as per an agreed set of Services
- Ensure that all Professional Development Trainings are printed and distributed in the field.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You will have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You will have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Minimum Grade 12 Certificate
- A Diploma or University Degree in the following fields would be an added advantage (Management, Communications, Data Management, Social Sciences or another related field)
- Ideally 1-3 years of professional work experience in a related work area in Zambia. This is not a requirement, you are encouraged to apply even without any work experience
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Capacity to work independently
- Proficiency in basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Google Drive.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel. Database management experience is a plus
- Discretion when dealing with confidential or sensitive information
- High emotional intelligence
- Ability to work across teams and coordinate with many stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to navigate and resolve HR-related issues sensitively and confidentially
- A humble, service-oriented, and caring attitude in the face of complex challenges
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible.
- Base salary: ZMW 1,400 – 2, 000
- Housing and lunch allowance:
- Relocation allowance available.
- Other work-related allowances as determined by management.
Medical expense coverage, discounts on input loans, computer for work.