Human Resources Officer
One Acre Fund - Location: Kabwe, Central Province, Zambia, Central
One Acre Fund is a social enterprise dedicated to helping improve the lives of smallholder farmers. The organisation was founded in 2006 and now works with farmers across 7 countries all over East and South Africa – and we continue to expand rapidly every year. Our model is a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. We provide farmers with a market bundle that includes training in modern planting methods, high-quality inputs with a flexible repayment schedule.
We are currently hiring a Human Resources Officer to join our team in Kabwe. We are looking for hard-working professionals that want to be part of our mission. Applicants should have impeccable integrity and a drive for our work. This is an entry-level role with great opportunities to grow as our People Operations department expands. This role reports to our Human Resources Manager.
- Providing administrative support for our Human Resources department.
- Providing support with recruitment and payroll.
- Tracking of employee benefits including leave, loans, equipment, etc.
- Orienting new employees to HR policies and procedures.
- Maintaining employee records.
- Support HR and People Operations with special projects as needed.
- Handle medical and insurance issues and ensure related information is updated regularly.
- Assist the Human Resources Manager in contract administration, handling of grievances, proposed disciplinary action, counselling employees and supervisors.
- Other duties as requested.
- University degree in Human Resource Management, Public Administration, Business Administration, or related field.
- At least one year of relevant professional experience.
- Previous office experience, including administrative work.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office. Sage VIP experience preferred.
- Exceedingly well-organized, attention to detail, with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team players who are hardworking and passionate about helping farmers.
- Member (or eligibility for membership) of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management required.
Base salary: K1,600
House and lunch allowance: K660
Transport allowance: K153.60
Health expense coverage.
Great opportunities for advancement.