Quality Entry & Office Clerk
Out-Resource Business Support - Location: Mpulungu, Northern Province, Zambia, all the provinces
We are looking for a Data Entry and Office Clerk to type information into our database from paper documents and to perform various administrative and clerical tasks to support our offices. The ideal candidate will be computer savvy and a fast typist with a keen eye for detail. Understanding of data confidentiality principles is compulsory.
An effective office clerk has the ability to work diligently to help maintain smooth office operations. You must be reliable and hardworking with great communication skills. The ideal candidate will also be familiar with office equipment and procedures.
The company will rely on you for having accurate and updated data that is easily accessible through a digital database.
- Transfer data from paper formats into computer files or database systems using keyboards, data recorders or optical scanners
- Type in data provided directly from customers
- Create spreadsheets with large numbers of figures without mistakes
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents
- Update existing data
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation
- Sort and organize paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost
- Maintain files and records so they remain updated and easily accessible
- Answer the phone to take messages or redirect calls to appropriate colleagues
- Utilize office appliances such as photocopier, printers etc. and computers for word processing, spreadsheet creation etc.
- Take minutes of meetings and dictations
- Assist in office management and organization procedures
- Monitor stocks of office supplies (paper clips, stationery etc.) and report when there are shortages
- Assist in making travel arrangements and booking venues for conferences and events
- Perform other office duties as assigned
- Proven experience as data entry clerk or in an administrative role
- Fast typing skills
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.)
- Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices
- Basic understanding of databases
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles will be an advantage
- Good command of English both oral and written and customer service skills
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Very good organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- High school diploma; BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field is preferred