At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development
The USAID-funded Zambia Community HIV Prevention Project (Z-CHPP) supports the Government of Zambia to reduce new HIV infections through increased adoption of high impact HIV services and protective behaviors among at-risk populations, using evidence-based and locally owned solutions and in close partnership with a range of local Zambian organizations and institutions.
The Grants and Contracts Manager is directly responsible to and supervised by the Deputy Chief of Party, Pact Zambia. The Grants & Contracts Manager provides high-level grants and contracts management and administration to achieve project goals, working with partner organizations of all levels. S/he provides overall leadership and oversight for all aspects related to management of sub-grants, subcontracts, and procurements. This requires close collaboration with Pact HQ to ensure compliance with Pact and USAID guidelines. The Grants and Contracts Manager supervises all staff with grants and procurement functions. S/he reports to the Deputy Chief of Party
Key Performance Areas:
- Grants Administration
- Grantee Capacity Building and Support
- Develop subcontract and sub-grant award documents compliant with donor requirements and Pact standard templates and work closely with Pact HQ Agreement Management team to execute quality sub-awards.
- Administer the full cycle of sub-award management activities beginning from solicitation through selection, pre-award assessments, negotiation, monitoring/compliance visits, and closeout.
- Utilize Pact’s sub-award management system (Salesforce) and accounting system (Serenic NAV) for sub-award issuance and management. Ensure that all required documentation is available and stored as per Pact regulations.
- Oversee budget management of projects’ sub-award pools working with the Finance Manager.
- Work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure accurate and timely disbursement and liquidation of sub-award expenses.
- Ensure timely training of grantees and Pact staff to understand and comply fully with donor standards. Develop training materials and carry out regular trainings with grantee partners.
- Ensure that office systems for grants and contracts administration are maintained and that regular reports are provided to Pact headquarters.
- Award and administer sub-contract(s) and consultant agreements necessary to support local programs and projects
- Develop and/or update Country Office Sub-awards Manual in compliance with Pact HQ guidance.
- Support closeout of awards, including preparation of final inventories, property disposition, etc.
- Provide effective performance management, mentoring, and coaching for staff under his/her direct supervision.
- Provide training, as required, related to areas of his/her expertise and country office needs.
- Contribute to the global Grants Management Community of Practice to share best practices and lessons learned on Pact’s intranet “Mosaic.”
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MA/MSc Financial Management, Full ACCA, CIMA, ZICA and at least 7 years of relevant experience (or equivalent)
- Experience managing sub-award design and administration
- Experience in donor funds administration
- Understanding of local contract and procurement law
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations as related to contracts and cooperative agreements; working knowledge of OMB Circulars
- Fluency in English