At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development
The USAID-funded Zambia Community HIV Prevention Project (Z-CHPP) supports the Government of Zambia to reduce new HIV infections through increased adoption of high impact HIV services and protective behaviors among at-risk populations, using evidence-based and locally owned solutions and in close partnership with a range of local Zambian organizations and institutions.
Position Summary: This position exists to efficiently and effectively manage and coordinate all aspects of procurement for Pact Zambia in order to ensure that all units and operations have adequate goods and services to perform their duties.
Procurement of Goods and Services
- The procurement Assistant will maintain vendor relationships by conducting regular visits for updates on goods and services and to ensure that contractual terms and conditions are adhered to.
- Review quotations for accuracy and validity.
- Prepare Bid Analysis forms, Negotiation Memos for review by the Finance Officer
- Ensure goods procured are received in good order. Resolve any procurement quantity discrepancies and will communicate with vendors for returns for e.g. damaged goods.
- Assist in moving goods from vendor stores/warehouse to the Pact store and coordinate distribution with the purchasing departments or usage within Pact. Ensure that all procured goods and Inventory is well secured and accounted for.
- Ensure that all procurement is done according to internal policies and procedures as well as donor requirements.
- He/she ensures that all codes of ethics are followed, and the personal and business conduct is in line with the Pact Zambia Procurement Manual.
- The Procurement Assistant will review all purchase requisitions and will cross check with price targets to ensure that all specifications are clear and corresponding authorizations have been obtained.
- He/she will ensure that all requests for quotations are clear and matching with the purchasing requisitions.
- The Assistant will review all bids and quotations in accordance with price targets and specifications and will prepare a quotes summary sheet.
- The Assistant will always negotiate with suppliers regarding price reductions, payments, delivery terms and shipping options.
- He/she will follow the necessary procedure to purchase goods from HQ when the need arises. The incumbent will prepare purchase orders or contract as needed and will ensure that all procurement is processed for all applicable exoneration in accordance with our exception status in the country.
- Ensure proper filing of all procurement documents.
Procurement Communication and Coordination
- The Procurement Assistant will give advance notice to the Administrative and Logistics Officer to receive goods.
- Will liaise and follow up with the Finance team to ensure payments are conducted in a timely manner.
- The Procurement Officer will prepare award letter, agreements and memos whenever necessary.
- Keep requestors informed on the status of local and international orders and will coordinate with other departments to ensure that requests are received in time and have clear specifications.
- Reconciliation of ZRA LPO VAT documentation
- He/she will support and train on procurement management and will provide coverage for other staff when required.
Basic Requirements and skills
- Minimum Diploma in Purchasing and supply chain management, logistics or business administration or equivalent
- Understanding of local contract and procurement law
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations as related to contracts and cooperative agreements
- Member of ZIPS
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Fluency in English
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.