M&E Director, Continuum of Care, Technical Assistance
PATH - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH seeks a Monitoring & Evaluation Director to provide M&E technical direction and stewardship for an upcoming U.S. government-funded integrated health system technical assistance project. The project aims to improve the capacity of the public health system to sustainably deliver quality reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health and nutrition services across four provinces of Zambia. The project will operate over a five-year period.
The M&E Director will be responsible for the following key activities:
- Build PATH and partner staff capacity in RMNCAH&N-related M&E, including quality data management and reporting.
- Train field staff on M&E guidelines, data collection tools, and other M&E tools for the project.
- Develop and implement performance monitoring plans for the overall project and for country activities.
- Develop and implement M&E reporting guidelines and systems designed to inform the direction of the project, including data quality and data use strategies.
- Support and mentor PATH, partner and MOH staff involved in collecting and analyzing RMNCAH&N and program-related data and reporting results.
- Compile and report on information that captures the overall progress of the project
- Build MOH M&E staff to compile RMNCAH&N data to capture progress at provincial, district and community level .
- Design M&E methodologies and tools to support the implementation of innovations developed in the project.
- Support periodical extraction and analysis of RMNCAH&N data from the HMIS/DHIS2 for better data use for decision-making at all levels of the system;
- Support the integration of additional RMNCAH&N indicators into DHIS 2 and develop basic analysis dashboards for RMNCAH&N data at national and provincial levels as and when required
- Ensure timely flow and transmission of data and other reports from the field to headquarters, as well as timely transmission of data and reports to USAID and relevant partners.
- Attend project and MoH M&E meetings and events as required, including those related to organizational operations in Zambia.
- Attend to other tasks as required by the Chief of Party and other members of the project’s senior management team.
- A Master’s degree in public health or a related field.
- Minimum of five (05) years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience with RMNCAH&N programs may be an added advantage.
- Expertise in setting up and supervising routine project monitoring processes, including data quality assurance activities.
- Proven ability to collect and analyze key output and outcome data using Excel (SPSS a plus).
- Ability to work collaboratively across disciplines and support diverse team members in completing tasks.
- Ability to supervise evaluation research, familiarity with quantitative and qualitative research methods and experience developing study designs is key.
- Familiarity with MoH reporting systems including the HMIS, DHIS2 and Smart Care
- Knowledgeable with the USAID and PEPFAR reporting systems including the DATIM
- Strong understanding of USAID reporting requirements.
- Strong writing skills in English.
- Well-organized and detail oriented with good follow-through.
- Experience in providing training and mentorship to team members.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.