Peace Corps Zambia wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Pre-Service Training (PST) Logistics Coordinator. This is a fixed short term contract over a two year period (Base + 2 options) starting on/around February – May 2019; August – November 2019 and March – May 2020.
Location : Lusaka
Daily Rate : On/around ZMW 671.00/Day
Estimated Days : 100 days/contract period with a maximum of four periods
Work Week : Full-Time; 6 days/week
Logistics Coordinator provides logistical and management support to post working closely with the General Services team and Pre-Service Training (PST) team to ensure smooth implementation of PST activities. Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Director of Management and Operations (DDMO) s/he is responsible for logistical coordination and oversight for the PST trainings and logistical management for all bicycle-related operations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES will include but not limited to the following:
- Work with PST Training Team to plan out and implement the logistical needs of the PST trainings as best as possible.
- Work with the Training Manager and PST Specialist for all PST errands for approval before submitting to the relevant offices for action.
- Assist in the management and monitoring of the PST budget and submit financial requests in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all necessary purchases are made for the successful implementation of PST.
- Make and account for all payments made on behalf of PST.
- Work with the Language and Cross Culture Coordinator in the preparation of arrangements with home stay.
- Write inventories of all PST site materials and those used for Community Based Training (CBT)
- Ensure the maintenance of the PST site, including water and electricity infrastructures; accommodation and bath facilities; kitchen; office; communications; and recreational equipment.
- Coordinate motor pool and transport requirements for PST in close collaboration with the Motor Pool Coordi-nator.
- Organize, manage and delegate work tasks to the support staff & service contractors; including drivers, cleaners, gardeners, caterers, and security.
- Conduct all logistical preparation of field trips including arrangement for fuel, per-diems, beddings, toiletries, and medical kits.
- Organize the logistics of any official ceremonies, including procurement of refreshments, embellishment of the site, and distribution of invitations.
- Submit, and review with the Training Manager, PST Specialist and the Admin Team, a final report on all logistical aspect of training including the expense account and all receipts, evaluations of the support staff and site infrastructure, and recommendations for future PSTs.
- Settle and close-out all Peace Corps accounts and bills at the end of the training.
- Work with the Training Manager, PST Specialist and other PST staff in the closing of the PST site.
- Drive PST vehicles to run all errands related top PST.
Bicycle Logistical Management
- Coordinate bike maintenance trainings for PC staff, Trainees and Volunteers.
- Ensure all bicycles and accessories are assembled, properly maintained and ready for distribution as required.
- Review the bicycle training manual and provide technical input during bicycle procurement activities.
- Act as an Occasional Money Handler, as assigned, to perform work within the scope of duties. The PSC may be required to courier cash and/or purchase orders to various vendors who furnish supplies and/or services to PST/IST training sites, or other locations as directed by the Contracting Officer. The PSC may also be required to courier cash to PC trainees or volunteers. The PSC will not be functioning as a procurement or disbursing official but will only be acting as an intermediary between the Contracting or Disbursing Officer and the recipient. In the case of dealing with vendors, the PSC will not exercise any procurement discretion concerning the supplies or services to be purchased or the cost limits of these purchases; these will be determined by the Contracting Officer.
- Other duties as assigned.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
Immediately communicates Volunteer safety and security concerns and issues to the Safety and Security Manager (SSM) and CD. Knowledgeable and supportive of Peace Corps safety and security policies and procedures, including the timely reporting of suspicious incidents, persons or articles.
In order to be selected for this position, the applicant must be a Zambian Citizen, must not have been employed in intelligence-related activities, and must submit an application that clearly documents how they meet each of the following mandatory requirements including educational certificates, copies of drivers license, etc.
- Successful completion of secondary school with advanced certification in the field of Administration/Logistics/ Procurement or related field is required.
- Minimum of five years’ work experience in the field of Administration/Logistics/Procurement and related fields is required, three (3) years supervisory experience in the field of Administration/ Logistics/Procurement and related fields is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in petty cash management and disbursement of funds.
- Good understanding, and practical experience in procurement processes for goods and services and store-keeping is required.
- Good working knowledge of English (spoken and written)
- Facilitation skills, good understanding, and practical experience in bicycle maintenance is required
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in driving and maintaining manual transmission 4×4 vehicles is required.
- Must have a valid local unrestricted driver’s license of class C level including a clean driving record
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft based applications such as Word, Excel, and Power Point
(to be tested)
- Able to ride a bike in a rural setting