Capacity Building Officer
People in Need - Location: Mongu, Western Province, Zambia, Western
Mansa District Land Alliance (MDLA) was established by the Zambia Land Alliance in 2006 as a network of Non-governmental Organizations advocating for just land policies, laws and administrative systems that take into account the interest of all people of Zambia, especially the poor. With financial assistance of the European Union (EU), Mansa District Land Alliance in partnership with People in Need (PIN), an international non-government organization based in Western Province will be implementing a 3 year project called ‘Strengthening citizen action to improve democratic governance in Luapula and Western Provinces’. In Luapula Province, the project will be implemented in three districts namely; Chembe, Chienge and Mansa districts. In Western Province, the project will be implemented in Mongu, Kalabo and Limulunga. The main objective of the project is to increase the capacity of CSOs to create an active civil society and support communities in development, democratic governance and accountability issues.
MDLA and PIN are now inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions.
Capacity Building Officer ( Positions 1 – Duty station: Mongu)
Capacity Building Officer will be responsible for the technical content of the project and will be working closely with the CSOs. He/She will report to the Project Manager.
- Conduct capacity-building assessment, assist in design and conduct of baseline and end line survey.
- Prepare and organize capacity-building modules on decentralization, land governance, human rights, policy engagement and social accountability, gender, advocacy and communication, leadership for women, management of grants; help prepare training manuals.
- Provide regular coaching and mentoring support to CSO.
- Support CSOs in the implementation of the small grants.
- Prepare design and content of various communication materials.
- Facilitate knowledge development events.
- Assist in the preparation of policy briefs and radio programmes.
- Assist in writing CSO networking and sustainability guidelines.
- Provide support to M&E activities.
- Assist CSOs in preparation of communication and advocacy strategies and action plans and in the implementation of activities.
- Work with traditional leaders on good governance issues.
- Diploma (or a degree) in relevant field (Project Management, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Good governance etc.)
- Desired technical background:
- Policy engagement, social accountability, decentralization, land governance and other good governance related topics
- CSO capacity building, community sensitization
- Communication and advocacy
- Gender, human rights
- At least three (3) years of experience in working in technical advisory and capacity building position
- Experience in capacity building of CSOs
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Silozi
- Experience of working for an international non-government organisation is an advantage
- Strong communication, interpersonal and representational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Strong networking and advocacy skills
- Experience in working with local key stakeholders
- Understanding of and experience in project management cycle is beneficial
- Motor bike riding with valid class “A” licence (strong advantage)
Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply
Only candidates meeting the above criteria will be called for interviews.To apply, submit an application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae and contact details of at least 2 traceable referees.