Deputy Head Teacher
Pestalozzi Education Centre - Location: Zambia, Lusaka
Deputy Head Teacher Responsible for Teaching, Learning and Curriculum
Pestalozzi Education Centre is a boarding school that provides an outstanding education for boys and girls where each child is developed as an individual in a caring and well-resourced environment. Pestalozzi Education Centre is looking to appoint a Senior Leader with vision and enthusiasm who is able to demonstrate a clear understanding of what constitutes excellent teaching and learning and who has the ability to lead.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- At least 5 years teaching experience, of which 2 years should have been at supervisory level.
- Degree in Education (preferably Degree primary in Education)
- Computer literate
Preferred Experience & Education:
- Experience as Deputy Head, a Head of Department, or another Managerial role in a school or educational environment.
- A passion for education and improving educational practice
- In possession of excellent leadership and communication skills
- Experience as an excellent classroom practitioner with the ability to deliver quality results.
- Should be registered with the teaching council of Zambia (TCZ)
The successful applicant will have a passion for learning and will support the Principal in the running of the School and in the motivation of staff. They will be self-motivated, organized, flexible and trustworthy. They will need to be able to demonstrate alignment to the ethos of the school and with the school leadership team. Key responsibilities will include
timetabling and planning, being an active leader in staff appraisals, monitoring and evaluation of teaching staff, actively supporting the Principal in the monitoring of the curriculum, exam setting, pupil assessment and reports.