Plan International Zambia - Lusaka, Lusaka
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located.
Plan is seeking a suitable persons to fill the position below:
DRIVER – Luapula Programme Area (3 Year Contract)
S/he provides transport and other logistical support to Programme Unit staff, visitors, communities and other partners on official functions in a timely and efficient manner thus supporting programme implementation. S/he reports to the Logistics and Procurement Officer for Luapula Programme Area.
Key responsibilities for this position include;
- Driving Plan International vehicles on official organization duties
- Maintaining vehicle usage schedule
- Carrying out administration duties as may be assigned
- Responsible for collection & delivery of Plan documents, mail and materials as well as any other messenger duties to enable the smooth flow of work
- Transporting Plan International staff, visitors, and partners during official duties to ensure smooth flow of operations while ensuring safety of passengers and at the same time reducing the number of breakdowns
- Strictly adhering to Plan policies and procedures on vehicle management and maintaining the vehicle log book as per the set instructions.
- Possession of Grade 12 Certificate
- Valid clean driving license
- Motor vehicle mechanic certificate or equivalent an added advantage
- 2 to 3 years in similar capacity with INGO/NGO experience
- Seasoned driver, willing and able to work long hours regularly ( including some weekends)
- Ready to work collaboratively as a team player
- Good communication skills with working knowledge of English and some local languages
- Self-management and personal accountability