Plan International Zambia - Lusaka, Lusaka
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located.
Plan is seeking a suitable persons to fill the position below:
FINANCE OFFICER – Mantapala Refugee Settlement in Luapula Province
(3 Months contract)
The incumbent will support projects implemented in Mantapala Refugee Settlement. S/he will drive best practices in financial and administrative management of emergency Response projects. Be accountable for ensuring that statistic and financial information are completed to set deadline and that costs are controlled to be within budget allocation. The incumbent will be reporting to the Emergency Response Manager on operational matters and Finance and Administration Coordinator on technical matters.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Support payment processing and correct recording of transactions in Financial System.
- Review and Monitor project advances and ensure proper accountability of funds.
- Develop and Implement effective project budget monitoring tools.
- Timely preparation of project Financial reports as per reporting requirement.
- Provide financial technical support to project staff on project management and reporting.
- Track and ensure compliance to funding rules and regulations.
- Support project audits.
Individual Specifications include:
- A Higher National Diploma in Accounting
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in a similar role in an NGO environment
- Well versed in computerized accounting applications
- Analytical skills
- Knowledge of Donor funding rules and regulations