Health Project Officer
Plan International Zambia - Lusaka, Lusaka
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located.
Plan is seeking a suitable persons to fill the position below:
HEALTH PROJECT OFFICER – Eastern Programme Area (3 Year contract)
The Project Health Officer reports to the Programme Area Manager (PAM) and works closely with the Health Programme Manager. S/He supports the effective and efficient management of Plan International’s Health portfolio in the Programme Area to ensure a high level of interaction between Plan, communities, and other stakeholders in health issues in line with Plan International’s Global Approach to Programme and Influence
Key responsibilities for this position include;
- Coordinating all health operations including Primary Health Care, Water ,Sanitation, and Hygiene (WATSAN) project activities in the Programme Area
- Community capacity building
- Monitoring and evaluation of Primary Health Care, as well as Water, Sanitation and Hygiene programmes
- Meeting contractual requirements from different donors
- Grants management reporting
- Establishing partnerships with NGO’S, government entities, and all other stakeholders to increase local resource mobilisation and long term sustainability
- Ensuring community involvement in the initiation, development, management, monitoring and evaluation of Plan International Health programmes
- Coordinating and promoting maintenance of water and basic sanitation in all the Plan supported communities
- Establishing and implementing standards of accountability, effectiveness and efficiency for Primary Health Care (PHC), Water and Sanitation Programmes in the Programme Area.
- Establishing partnerships with NGO’s and Government entities to increase local resource mobilization and long term sustainability
- Capacity building of partners and volunteers to empower them with skills and know how.
- Degree in Health Sciences or equivalent
- 2 – 4 years’ experience in NGO sector; working with children and communities; and managing child-related programmes and projects would be an advantage
- Demonstrated track record of writing project/programme proposals and grants reporting