The Planned Parenthood Association of Zambia (PPAZ), established in 1972, is a non-governmental, not-for-profit organization, which provides non-discriminatory, friendly, gender-sensitive and comprehensive Sexual and Reproductive Health (SHR) services to hard-to-reach and vulnerable groups who include young people and women of reproductive age in Zambia. PPAZ seeks to recruit an Administrative Assistant under the Women’s Sexual Integrated Health (WISH2Action) project being implemented with support from DFID and International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). The staff will be based at the WISH2ACTION office in Lusaka.
To undertake the provision of administrative support services in order to facilitate efficient and effective operations of project activities.
- Manage the front office and attend to visitors.
- Assist in preparations of documentation, materials, refreshments for meetings and workshops/trainings where necessary.
- Handle travel arrangements for local and international guests including lodging, meal planning if required.
- Provide all administrative and logistical support to the team to ensure timely completion of activities as per the work plan.
- Make timely arrangement to maintain internet faults, office building, furniture, fittings and equipment.
- Manage all incoming and outgoing mails.
- Carry out timely, storage and retrieval of goods in order to safe guard goods and make them available to end Users.
- Ensure the office is fully equipped with office consumables.
- Provides secretarial services/minute taking during meetings in order to enhance operations of the project.
- Work closely with the Senior Administrative Office at Head Office to maintain an inventory of the project assets and ensuring regular updates
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing systems; to ensure integrity and continuity of data/information
- Prepare requisitions, make claims or retire for money used on organisational errands.
- Support the hubs to follow up requisitions submitted to head office
- Making sure all approved authority to travel documents, asset requisitions and sick notes completed by staff are present to PPAZ Head Office.
- Handling Petty Cash
- Prepare purchase requisitions necessary for office or as requested by project staff.
- Request for quotations from vendors.
- Analyse quotations for purchase.
- Inspects accurately and timely, goods, services and works procured in order to establish client specification.
Education and Professional Experience
- Grade Twelve (12) School certificate;
- Diploma in Public Administration/Management Studies. A Degree in a related field will be an added advantage
- At least 3-5 years’ professional experience in a similar position
- Previous NGO experience is an added advantage
PPAZ is an equal opportunity employer. Please send your application letter and CV only as one document. Please state the position applied for in the subject line and email to Closing date is 6th August, 2019 before close of business.
Sharing is Caring! Click on the Icons Below and Share