The Planned Parenthood Association of Zambia (PPAZ), established in 1972, is a non-governmental, not-for-profit organization, which provides non-discriminatory, friendly, gender-sensitive and comprehensive Sexual and Reproductive Health (SHR) services to hard-to-reach and vulnerable groups who include young people and women of reproductive age in Zambia. PPAZ seeks to file the position of Executive Assistant.
The Executive Assistant will be based at Head office in Lusaka.
Executive Assistant provides administrative support to Senior Management Team. The candidate must be results oriented and have the demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize workflow.
- Co-ordinate the Senior Management Team’s (SMT) schedules, appointments, reservations and travel arrangements.
- .Provide administrative and logistical support to the Executive Directors for partners’/donor events
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing systems for SMT offices; to ensure integrity and continuity of information
- Receive, distribute and send official emails in the absence of the Senior Management Team
- Ensure a steady and consistent provision of office supplies to the Senior Management Team
- Schedule PPAZ Board, SMT, Standing Committees and Staff meetings while ensuring relevant agendas, minutes and relevant documentation are place.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Executive Director’s office, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Works closely and effectively with the Executive Director to keep him/ her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Assists Board members and international guests with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as need may be.
- Organise the office of the Executive Director in his/her absence.
- Assisted the Executive Director in preparing his/ reports & presentations
- Work closely with the Senior Administrative Officer to maintain all confidential and open staff files.
- Maintain the petty cash.
- Ensure that outgoing mail is sent on schedule.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A Diploma in Business Administration, Secretarial, or any related qualification. A university degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
- 3-5 years’ work experience in a similar position.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Pay attention to detail.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize work flow.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgement, show initiative and be proactive.
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information.
PPAZ is an equal opportunity employer. Please send your application letter and CV only as one document and state the position applied for in the subject line and email to [email protected] Closing date is 6th August, 2019 before close of business.
Please address your application letter to:
Sharing is Caring! Click on the Icons Below and Share