Plaushears Canine Vet Services - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
Plaushears Canine Vet Services is an animal clinic located in the Showgrounds of Lusaka. We are looking for an Office Administrator that can work well with our team, interested in growing with our clinic and having a long-term career with opportunities to advance. If you have the experience, the desire to learn and gain knowledge from working in a clinic setting, this is the opportunity for you.
Our ideal candidate must be able to work independently, be responsible for a visitor’s first impression of the clinic and is expected to welcome clients with a friendly, welcoming greeting. The Office Administrator should provide exceptional service to internal and external clients and possess patience, empathy, and a passion to communicate with clients. We are a small animal clinic with a small team and our vision is to provide uncompromising Veterinary care to allow us nurture the human-animal bond.
- General knowledge of animal husbandry, handling and nutrition
- General knowledge of retail items including foods and supplements
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Must love animals and their well being
- Self-motivated in learning new skills
- Must be able to offer every client, visitor or associate a warm and professional acknowledgement immediately upon arrival at the clinic.
- Reliable transportation
- Reception duties: answering phone calls, booking appointments, managing doctors schedules, ordering medical supplies, data entry, collecting medical information and maintaining records
- Assistant duties: assisting doctors with animal handling/restraint, ensuring cleanliness of clinic
- Purges old medical records according to policies.
- Files records and paperwork accurately according to defined numerical or alphabetical systems.
- Explains payment options to clients.
- Financial Transaction Processing.
- Reconciles daily receipts accurately
- 1 year experience working in a Veterinary or medical clinic
- 2 years experience working in Customer Service (Preferred)
- Full GCSE O’level Certificate
- Diploma/Degree in related field.