The Planned Parenthood Association of Zambia (PPAZ) is a non-governmental and not for profit organisation and is affiliated to the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). The Association advocates for Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and supplements the efforts of government and other service providers in the provision of integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health services.
PPAZ seeks to fill the following positions:
Senior Accountant – One (1) Position Lusaka
The holder of this position will be responsible for the accounting department of PPAZ, and for the budget planning and support for the WISH2Action team by offering insights and financial advice that will allow them to make the best business decisions for the project.
Responsible for PPAZ Accounting and of the WISH2Action Project Finance Team, the holder is part of a multi-disciplinary team of the WISH2Action project that will oversee implementation of the programme. The holder will have oversight of financial management & reporting for WISH2Action Project in order to ensure effective project financial management and reporting systems are in place at PPAZ, so as to deliver timely and accurate financial reporting and meet the financial compliance requirements of DFID. In the role of Senior Accountant, the holder will ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place and proper books of account are kept for all projects undertaken by PPAZ.
- To Provide necessary supervision and guidance to the Accounting personnel of PPAZ.
- To provide advice and support to Country Finance Staff on WISH2Action project related financial issues and requirements, including templates and guidelines.
- Prepare of regular cash flow projections and monthly bank reconciliations
- To ensure compliance with internal and external reporting requirements on activities and programmes.
- Oversight of Value for Money (VFM) framework.
- Work with country Evaluation and Learning (E&L) team to ensure Payment by Result (PBR) reporting and strategy in place for the WISH project.
- To ensure gender is effectively mainstreamed within the remit of the post and in line with IPPF’s Gender Equality Policy.
- To build and maintain positive relationships with all members of staff, and contacts within and outside the Federation.
- To become familiar with the Federation’s Health and Safety Programme and Guidelines for using Visual Display Units. To do everything possible to ensure a healthy and safe working environment, including following instructions and guidance.
- Provide technical review and input to country teams on WISH budget and cost application development and project reporting as required.
- To provide in-house training to staff on financial and contractual compliance as needed.
- Check all accounting documents from PPAZ Project Accountants for accuracy and authenticity.
- Maintenance of accurate up to date general ledger and cashbooks of PPAZ.
- Produce accurate monthly trial balance by the set datelines.
- Preparation of Donor and Management Financial Reports by the set timelines.
- Prepare financial statements for audit purposes with accompanying supporting schedules.
- Ensure Association’s compliance to financial statutory obligations.
- Prepare the Administration and General Services Annual Plan and Budget in consultation with Administration Unit.
- Ensure that internal controls are regularly reviewed and complied with.
- Provide budgetary guidelines and support to budget holders and ensure timetables are met consistently.
- Ensure safe custody of the Association’s assets.
- Perform any other lawful duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor of Accountancy degree from a recognized university.
- ACCA /CIMA/ZICA Associate.
- Membership of the Zambia Institute of Certified Accountant (ZICA).
Required Attributes and Competencies:
- Supervisory skills, result oriented, team player.
- Player, people management skills.
- At least eight (8) years proven and appropriate post qualification experience.
- Good Knowledge of Pastel Evolution Accounting software.
- Good working knowledge of Segmented Chart of accounts.
- Auditing experience is a must for this position.
- Preferable experience working in an NGO with restricted Donor funding.