Razel-BEC, Siavonga, Zambia.
Reporting to: Senior Technical Engineer
Our ref: KDRP-17/0011-SC/ED
Contract Title: Kariba Dam Rehabilitation – Reshaping of the Plunge Pool
Contract No.: FED/2017/383-422
RAZEL-BEC LIMITED Engineering & Construction Company in Zambia is seeking to employ motivated, dynamic qualified candidate to be based in Kariba/siavonga. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Geotechnical Engineer
Reporting to the Senior Technical Engineer, you will be responsible for providing support with regard to ground control Management. Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Ensure that the Geomechanical properties and behaviour of the material comprising the pit slopes and dumps are properly understood.
- Ensure that geotechnical advice and design recommendations provided in relation to the open pits, dumps, stockpiles, sumps, haul roads and drainage channels is understood and executed correctly in the field.
- Regularly inspect and monitor ground conditions at the active face.
- Collect, analyse and interpret the required geotechnical data.
- Analyse monitoring results and report any anomalies.
- Assist in providing technical advice and design analysis for ground control issues related to the open pits, dumps, stock piles, sumps, haul roads and drainage channels.
- Appropriately inspect, evaluate and report all significant ground related incidents.
- Carry out regular audits of the pit slopes and dumps and record results as per the schedule and methodology prescribed by the Geotechnical Coordinator
- Carry out blast vibration monitoring and blast audits, and record and communicate the results for feedback into drill and blast design.
- Liaise with production supervisors on a daily basis.
- Supervise slope stabilization works, geotechnical drilling, and installation of monitoring equipment with an emphasis on a high level of safety and quality.
- Continually improve their geotechnical skills by way of working through the geotechnical skills matrix and seeking guidance and mentorship from the Geotechnical Coordinator.
Experience & Qualifications
- BSc in Mining Engineering/Geology
- Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia
- Experience (2 years) in the Mining industry
- Experience in large multi pit operations utilizing large scale mining equipment i.e. drill rigs and blasting experience essential.
- Competent in incident/accident investigation
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels
- Confident communicator with senior management, legal entities and external stakeholders
- Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Sharing is Caring! Click on the Icons Below and Share