Human Resource Intern
Real Meat Group - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
Amatheon Agri is a European agribusiness and farming company developing and operating sustainable agriculture and food projects in Sub-Saharan Africa, headquartered in Berlin.
Coupled with the experience of its management, the company secures its success through the development of new, large scale irrigated agriculture operations and vertical integration across the agricultural value chain.
With its network of global and local strategic partners, Amatheon creates shareholder value, community improvement as well as increased and improved food production. Thus, Amatheon offers unique individual employment opportunities with a focus on sustainability and development of local Sub-Saharan markets.
Amatheon Agri has a majority stake in a leading meat processing company and has since consolidated four businesses into the Real Meat Group and become one of the biggest meat processor and supplier of fresh meat and related products in the Country. The Group is also one of the leading suppliers in the retailing chains in the Republic of Zambia.
The Real Meat Group is now providing a 4 months paid internship in the Human Resource department.
To learn how to and/or provide professional HR support to attract, retain, reward and develop human resources towards the effective achievement of business objectives.
Key Accountabilities and/or Areas of Learning:
- Ensure professional recruitment processes & selection techniques
- Ensure development plans are in place
- Coordinate training programmes
- Implement competitive remuneration packages
- Coordinate the performance management process
- Coordinate the succession plan process
- Coordinate the job description and job evaluation processes
- Maintain proper personnel administration processes and procedures
- Build and develop effective employee relations
- Constantly review Organisation structures
Qualifications & Experience:
- University Degree in Human Resource Management or any related Social Sciences field
- Prior human resource experience is not a prerequisite but will be an added
- Quick learner and resilient
- Excellent communication skills