Operational and Market Risk Officer
Reputable Bank - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
A reputable Commercial Bank in Zambia is seeking to recruit self-motivated, enthusiastic and innovative persons to fill the following position(s):
OPERATIONAL AND MARKET RISK OFFICER
Reporting to Chief Risk Officer, s/he will perform the responsibility of:
- Implementing the framework, procedures and practices to ensure that operational, market/ liquidity risks are appropriately identified, measured, monitored and controlled.
- Drive the implementation of market risk action plan approved by the Board.
- Responsible for Bank’s compliance with country specific regulatory requirements for Operational, Market and Liquidity risk management.
- Identifying country specific business risks in light of strategy and country/business specific operational changes.
- Oversee and ensure the integrity of operational risk assessment process across the business.
- Ensure Treasury compliance with the bank’s Market & Liquidity risk management policies, processes, procedures and defined limits.
- Establish processes that mitigates and avert potential Market & Liquidity risk exposures which are likely to exceed the bank’s defined risk appetite on a proactive basis
- Liaise with other departments including internal audit, IT etc for improvement of the Operational, Market & Liquidity risk management function.
- Perform other functions as assigned by the Chief Risk Officer
Qualification and Skills:
- First degree in any relevant discipline.
- Preferably 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Sound and detailed knowledge of trading dynamics, treasury products and Treasury operations.
- Knowledge of operational risk best practices.
- Sound knowledge of asset and liability management
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory policies and objectives
- Strategic Focus/ Orientation
- Initiative/ Proactive
- Analytical skills / Problem solving
- Resilience, Tenacity and Integrity
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication (oral & written)