Assistant Procurement Officer
Reputable Company - Lusaka, Lusaka
PENSIONS AND INSURANCE AUTHORITY
The Pensions and Insurance Authority (PIA) is the regulatory and supervisory Authority for the Pensions and Insurance Industry in Zambia. The Authority supervises and regulates the activities of
entities operating in the pensions and insurance market. These entities include, among others;
insurance companies, reinsurance companies, insurance intermediaries, pension schemes, fund managers and fund administrators.
The Authority is expanding and hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of:
Assistant Procurement Officer – One (1) Position
Overall responsibilities: –
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the job holder will be responsible for the day to day operations of the procurement activities through timely sourcing of goods, services, works and consulting services in order to meet organizational requirements
Specific Duties: –
- Prepare bidding documents
- Providing secretarial duties during procurement meetings
- Receives purchase requisitions, sends out enquiries, verifies/confirms specifications of goods prior to purchase.
- Initiate the evaluation of quotations and recommends supplier for the approval
- Undertake market research
- Initiates preparation of periodic and adhoc procurement reports and ensures submission to ZPPAin timely manner.
- Assist in facilitating production of contract documents
- Filling and maintaining proper procurement records
- Degree in Procurement and Supplies or equivalent professional CIPS/ZI PS qualification.
- Good report writing skills
- Computer literate
- Good interpersonal skills
- At least 2 years post qualification experience
- A member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS).