Reputable Company - Lusaka, Lusaka
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Manager
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
The Hotel Maintenance Manager will take care of the hotel’s infrastructure (e.g. buildings, electricity.) You will manage maintenance personnel and plan various renovation and repair projects.
In this role, you should be organized and proactive. Familiarity with electrical, plumbing and HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) systems is essential. Meeting health and safety standards will be required.
The goal will be to ensure the hotel premises are safe and functional for guests and employees alike.
MM DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- Inspect hotel regularly to ensure it meets safety standards.
- Overseeing hotel infrastructure to ensure functionality and safety
- Managing maintenance teams (e.g. technicians, janitors)
- Organizing repair, installation and renovation projects
- Arrange for routine maintenance in hotel rooms, lobbies and facilities (e.g. kitchens, tennis courts)
- Organize repair projects in a manner that does not disturb guests
- Plan and oversee renovations and construction
- Act fast to resolve emergency issues (e.g. power outages)
- Find ways to reduce hotel operating costs and conserve energy
- Supervise team of Maintenance Technicians and Janitors
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers
- Maintain budgets, expenses and activity logs.
- Proven experience as a Hotel Maintenance Manager or Maintenance Supervisor
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Familiarity with plumbing, electrical, sewer and HVAC systems; hotel industry experience is a plus.
- Experience in administrative processes (e.g. budgeting, performance management)
- Ability to spot safety risks and address needs quickly
- Problem-solving aptitude
- High school diploma or equivalent; degree from a vocational school or BSc/BA in Facility Management is preferred or BS/BA degree in a related field
- Knowledge in mechanics, plumbing, hydraulics, electricals, electronics (PLC), heating, ventilation, air conditioning, carpentry, welding, machining and fabricating.
- Knowledge of refrigeration and marine engines will be added advantage
- Intermediate computing skills with working knowledge of various office applications, including Excel
- Member of relevant professional body
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Good communication skills
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of experience, in similar role.