Founded in 2003 by a serial entrepreneur, the company is a global organization with its inception in the USA and with a primary mission of accelerating economic development in emerging economies. The company has launched and supports niche high impact initiatives in job creation and fulfilment in India, SEA, Latin America and African regions.
The company impacts economic development through ‘Job creation’ via Entrepreneurship & SME development; and ‘Job fulfilment’ via Skills and Vocational development.
The National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN) endeavours to support ‘job creation’. It purports to do this by mainstreaming entrepreneurship in education for national impact and by supporting start-ups and SMEs to grow their companies.
The Foundation aims to enable the education and SME eco-system to function with higher relevance, support, knowledge and know-how, so that thousands of young people can develop entrepreneurial skills able to leverage the opportunities in the country and SMEs get the necessary support and networks to grow their businesses competitively.
Responsibilities: Partnerships with educational institutes including Engineering and Management institutes and Colleges to provide entrepreneurship education as an integral part of the training, exposure and experience for the students, so that they are skilled entrepreneurially. Support Start-ups and SMEs through learning, connects and other resources for sustainability and growth. Develop city based entrepreneurship eco-systems with strong networks of mentors, investors, service providers and entrepreneur-peer groups that can support new start-ups and growing SMEs in those cities. Key activities will be in the area of planning, implementation coordination. Interfacing with Engineering and Management institutes, Entrepreneur and SME organizations, Mentor and Investor groups. Entrepreneurship education network
Start-up and SME network and support
- Responsible for developing and managing the NEN institutions & other partner Organizations including Entrepreneur & Startup Associations in a given market
- Qualify and sign up relevant institutes as per target & within timelines
- Facilitating the capacity development of member institutes –this includes working with the head of the institution, faculty leaders, and students to help structure, design and execute the right experiential programs
- Facilitate access to different resources from within and outside the Wadhwani Foundation.
- Initiate and lead collaborations, networking & training programs on ground
- Identify & develop local resource teams including key faculty, mentors & entrepreneurs
- Work with individual institutions to visualize and build goals & annual road maps
- Work with the Central Team in mapping the market training needs and help implement these programs on ground
- Help administer the surveys on campuses at regular intervals
- Catalyze interest in entrepreneurship amongst students on campuses
- Drive participation for programs
- dentify and enroll high potential startup entrepreneurs and SMEs for different kinds of programs
- Identify and strategically engage all the relevant ecosystem partners such as mentors, investors, incubators, accelerators
- Deploy the NEN service offerings intelligently to the respective target customers in each region
- Monitor the impact of the program through jobs created
- Identify critical needs of startup entrepreneurs in the region and provide recommendation to program and product teams for modifications or development of relevant programs and content.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Social Work, education or other equivalent. Master is a plus.
- Experience: Minimum 15-18 years in leadership roles in start-ups or leading medium scale businesses. Strong analytical, conceptual and strategic planning skills. Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Communications: Able to listen, understand and communicate effectively. Able to develop documents and other write-ups for communication on paper, via the web and other means. Ability to communicate effectively to a range of audiences including students, teachers, principals, government as well as industry personnel.
- Project Management: Strong program management skills. Ability to break up a complex deliverable into a project plan with realistic tasks. Ability to manage aggressive deadlines with ownership and required hard work to keep to deadlines.
- People/Team Skills: High energy, exhibiting passion and drive for their work and able to rally other people around common goals. Work as an independent contributor and also as coordinator in a team.
- Proficient with MS Office and e-learning tools – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, e-learning platforms.