SAfAIDS - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
SAfAIDS is a regional NGO working in southern Africa. In Zambia, SAfAIDS is currently working in Lusaka, Central, Western, Eastern, Luapula and North-western Provinces. It is a centre of excellence that promotes effective and ethical development responses to sexual reproductive health and rights, HIV and gender through advocacy, communication and social mobilisation.
The Pool Relief Drivers will transport staff and visitors in a safe manner to respective destinations. This position needs a high degree of alertness and may require the incumbent to spend a lot of time on the road. He/she must have a general understanding of Zambia and must be able to brief visitors on the country. The position also requires the incumbent to provider caretaking activities/cleaning at the SAfAIDS office premises.
- Driving SAfAIDS staff and guest to where they are required to go as delegated by the Finance and Administrations assistant
- Ensure that vehicles are always kept perfect and clean by washing both the inside and outside parts of the vehicle
- Carry out routine checks on vehicles and ensure they are sound.
- Responsible for picking up and dropping off guests to/from airport and transporting them to their destinations within and out of town as assigned.
- Ensure Office cleanness in order to create a positive image of SAfAIDS Zambia office
- Maintain a good working environment
- Provide clerical services to fellow staff members and assist in general office care
- Make bank deposit and sourcing quotations
- Ensure meetings rooms are prepared prior to meetings
- Check functionality of relevant equipment
- Must possess skills in basic maintenance
- Must possess a certificate of defensive driving and fitness
- Over 6 years of driving experience
- In possession of at least a class C driving license
- Knowledge of auto mechanics is an added advantage
- Fluent in English
- Good communication skills