Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. Our Vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. In Zambia, Save the Children works in the following Thematic areas: Education, Health& Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance and Child Poverty; including Humanitarian response. Save the Children wishes to invite qualified individuals to apply for the following position:
Position : Field Operations Facilitator (1 Position)
Duty Station : Kalulushi Field Office
Role Purpose : The Field Operations Facilitator is a key member of the sponsorship team in fulfilling the
mission of sponsorship. The incumbent is responsible for sponsorship policies and
procedures, a variety of field tasks including enrolling children in the program, receiving,
translating, and delivering as well as mobilizing the community to participate in the
sponsorship funded programs. He/she will be reporting to the Field Coordinator.
- To use approved mail templates in the field for all communications between sponsors and sponsored children,
- To ensure that all children’s replies collected from Community Based Staff are checked for appropriate content and authenticity,
- To develop and share effective tracking tools for all correspondence and gift packages waiting for responses with Community Based Staff,
Child Information Management Plan [CIMP]
- Conduct community sensitization/awareness and mobilization meetings for the Child Enrolments with support of Community Based Staff,
- Conduct and meet Child enrolment exercise targets as assigned by Field Operations Coordinator,
- Conduct verification and completeness of sponsorship family applications/Case History Forms and with signed parental consent
Marketing and Retention Plan
- Conduct two Midyear Year Eligibility Check ( MYEC) & Annual Family Update (AFU) data collection within the stipulated timeframe,
- Ensure MYEC and AFU quality control issues raised during the campaign are resolved promptly within the stipulated timeframe,
- Collect quarterly success stories, blogs and support video shooting as assigned by QCC.
ASISt Database Management
- Report all child/children ineligibilities accompanied by timely detailed report including deaths,
Planning & Reporting
- Support sponsorship team with the Program Implementation plans and monitor program benefits for enrolled children in the program,
- Write quarterly and monthly reporting for Sponsorship program as per respective community,
- To support the development of external networks & systems to promote donor education and retention,
- Visit communities to verify children’s information.
The post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum qualification of a relevant Diploma in Social Sciences,
- At least 3 years relevant work experience,
- Knowledge of computers; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and Power Point),
- Strong Planning, Organizational and Communication skills (English and Bemba)
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Experience working on a Child Education Program an added advantage
- Strong networking skills,
- Experience working with local key stakeholders,
- Motor Bike Licence class “A” is a must.
- Ready to work and live in Lufwanyama and are of operation.
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.