Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. Our Vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. In Zambia, Save the Children works in the following Thematic areas: Education, Health& Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance and Child Poverty; including Humanitarian response. Save the Children wishes to invite qualified individuals to apply for the following new position:
Position : Human Resource & Administrative Assistant
Duty Station : Kalulushi Field Office
Role Purpose: The incumbent is responsible for providing Human Resource & Administrative support to the Kalulushi field office for effective and efficient operation. He/she will be responsible for assisting in ensuring smooth implementation of all Human resource and Administration process to the field office. He/she will report to the Finance & Support Services Coordinator, dotted line to the Human Resource Coordinator.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Answering telephone in a polite manner and keeping accurate record of messages and having these relayed timely
- Receiving, opening, date stamping and distributing incoming mail promptly
- Ensure all office assets and goods are regularly updated in the inventory management and that items are in good working order
- Ensure that the field office has an efficient and systematic filing system of all documents as per SCI guidelines.
- Managing office petty cash
- Maintain Board room meetings and schedule
- Ensure stores is well maintained
- Ensure that the office premises are well maintained and fully functional.
Human Resource duties
- Maintaining proper records of all human resource documents
- Compile and updates annual leave days, including any other HR report for onward monthly submission to Country Office
- Following up timesheets from staff in the field office on a monthly basis
- Provide assistance in recruitment of staff at the Field office in close collaboration with the Country Office
- Assist to prepare and manage welcome materials for new staff at the field office including; orientation package, staff ID cards, business cards and office keys,
- In liaison with HRC, support Develop to Perform process for the Field Office
- Provide necessary information for payroll input on a monthly basis
- Assist with on boarding logistics for staff and HR activities
- Attend to staff needs and perform other duties as assigned by the Human Resource Coordinator.
The post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Diploma in Business Administration or relevant discipline
- 3 years experience in an office Administration and operationalizing HR in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent technical knowledge on general HR areas is added advantage
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to act with credibility, tact and diplomacy
- Strong time management skills with an ability to plan ahead and anticipate requirements, problems and obstacles,
- A member of ZIHRM
- Verbal and written fluency in English.
- High level of computer literacy
- Prior experience in meeting/event planning or travel logistics
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks at the same time, work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain strong confidentiality, demonstrate flexibility, and versatility in adjusting to changing environments and requirements as necessary.
Level 2 – The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have minimal contact with or access to children or young people.