Educore Services, is seeking a suitably qualified, experienced and enthusiastic Reception Teacher to commence no later than 1st January 2019.
Sentinel Kabitaka is part of the exciting and ambitious educational establishment in North Western Province of Zambia catering for children from Nursery up to Grade 12. The school delivers Zambian Curriculum and Cambridge curriculum to IGCSE, expanding annually. The school which is a part of the Educore Services group of schools, offers a rounded education and aims to be specially strong in not only academic achievement, but sport, outdoor pursuits and the performing arts.
Main Purpose of the Job
To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate, facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- Early Years Teaching Diploma, a degree is an added advantage
- Valid teaching practicing licence
- Current registration with the Teaching Council of Zambia
- Experience in internationally-based school environment.
The successful candidate should possess the following key skills:
- Evidence of excellent classroom practice
- Excellent understanding of effective and engaging teaching methods
- Proven experience in extra-mural activities that will benefit the school timetable and students’ exposure to a wider range of activities outside the classroom.
- Resilient and responds well to challenge
- Have high expectations for all young people including a commitment to ensuring that they can achieve their full educational potential and to establishing fair, respectful, trusting, supportive and constructive relationships with them.
- Able to mark and record assessment outcomes in line with whole school and departmental policy
- The ability to plan lessons and sequences with clear objectives to ensure progression for all students
- The ability to adapt schemes of learning to suit the needs of students and groups of students
- Enthusiasm, drive and a love for the job
Clear vision and an innovative approach for learning & teaching
- A commitment to developing out-of-school hours activities to enhance progress, enrichment, enjoyment and attainment in early years.