Assistant Procurement Officer
Society for Family Health - Location: Zambia, Lusaka
Society for Family Health is recruiting for the position of Assistant Procurement Officer (Temporary) x 1, to be based at Headquarters. The Assistant Procurement Officer will be responsible for effective delivery of procurement of goods/services/works and assist in providing technical and policy advice on all aspects of procurement in accordance with the Public Procurement Act and as may be prescribed by the Zambia Public Procurement Authority. He/she will also be responsible for undertaking a wide variety of procurement responsibilities.
- Organise all procurement activities relating to request for proposals, sealed bids, and price quotes.
- Review requisitions for completeness and accuracy and following up on discrepancies with the initiating department.
- Organize and maintain computerized records containing vendor and bid information.
- Identify available suppliers for each requisitioned item.
- Assist with purchase order processing by ensuring that purchase requests are valid
- Following up approvals to ensure orders are generated.
- Expedite deliveries as required, checking that deliveries have been made and Goods Received Notes (GRNs) have been raised.
- Investigate receipting / invoice queries and liaising with requestors/departmental contacts to ensure timely resolution of queries.
- Prepare procurement status reports and ensure timely submission
- Perform general clerical duties such as maintaining general files, typing, data entry, opening mail, and completing and processing standard procurement forms.
- Perform any other work that might be required.
- All candidates must have demonstrated excellent work experience in the use of Microsoft office applications, especially excel and word
- Ability to apply procurement terminology and using sheets and /or automated procurement systems.
- Good interpersonal, collaborative and problem solving skills.
- Must be honesty, transparent, detail oriented and must work under minimum supervision.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Management (CIPS)
- Minimum of 2 years’ progressive work experience in a related field preferably with an international organisation.
- Proficiency in procurement procedures and the Procurements Act
- A professional certificate and affiliation to a relevant procurement professional body is a must.
- Firm and fair