Society for Family Health - Lusaka, Lusaka
Society for Family Health is recruiting for the position of Procurement Officer x 1, to be based at Head Office. The Procurement Officer under the supervision of the Procurement Manager will be responsible for planning, organizing and controlling of the general cost expenses of the organisation and assigns jobs accordingly to staff. Manage contracts/orders, company resources, customer relations and filing of all transactions in line with Audit. S/he will advise and support SFH procurement processes in compliance with the Government of the Republic of Zambia procurement laws (Zambia Public Procurement Act – ZPPA) regulations, the Donor(s) procurement guidelines and processes. S/he should be able to support stakeholders and staff to enable achieve set/project objectives.
- Sourcing and procurement of goods, works and services in accordance with good procurement practices and laid down procedures and guidelines.
- Preparation of tender documents and enquiries for goods, works and services in liaison with user projects and undertake the appropriate tendering process.
- Preparation of bid evaluation reports, contracts and other related procurement documentation.
Contract management and expediting of orders to ensure timely delivery and processing of payments.
- Maintenance of sound Procurement records/documentation and preparation of procurement status reports.
- Collaborating with user projects and preparation of procurement plans to ensure timely provision of goods and services.
- Ensure materials and services supplied meet established standards, survey markets for latest trends in prices, availability, delivery and quality, and ensure that applicable policies, practices and procedures are understood and complied by suppliers.
Required Qualifications / Experience
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply
- Graduate Diploma or equivalent
- 3 years minimum work experience
- Experience in an international multicultural environment and procurement of medical supplies is an added advantage
- Analytical Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Result Oriented
Required Personal Skills
- Sober-minded and mature disposition
- Respectful/ Co-operative
- Team Player
- Firm and fair