Temporal Finance and Administrative Officer
Society for Family Health - Kabwe, Central
Society for Family Health is recruiting for the position of Finance and Administration Officer on a temporary basis with immediate start. The Finance and Administration Officer will ensure efficient use of the organisational assets, proper handling of financial matters and inventory control at the Regional Office.
- Make sure that all financial transactions are carried out and recorded in accordance with standard financial procedures.
- Regularly review the Petty cash float, travel advance and aging reports
- Prepare an analysis of the cashbooks, management report, comparison with budget, and commentary at the end of the month.
- Prepare, review Regional Financial reports & budgets, with Regional Manager.
- Ensure that staff at the office adheres to the travel policy
- Ensure proper and efficient utilisation of company assets at all time
- Ensure that the security procedures are implemented.
- Manage the Receptionist/Stores, Drivers, the Cleaners, and the Guards.
- Ensure that the office has vehicles appropriate to its needs.
- Monitor fuel usage for vehicles through the fuel account system and prepare monthly vehicle/fuel reports.
- Ensure that the agreement with the fuel supplier is valid, works well.
- Oversee the stores
- Provide support to the office in all other HR matters.
- Ensure that all staff have valid contracts and job descriptions.
- Ensure staff fill out time sheets and have them sent to Head quarters timely.
- Maintain HR records, including staff lists, staff files and the leave register.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Finance Manager.
- Accounting Diploma and Part qualified ACCA or ZICA.
- Member of Zambia Institute of Certified Accountants.
- At least three years experience in a commercial, government or non-governmental organization.
- Good / excellent written skills in English.
- Good Planning and Analytical Skills
- Computer literacy and familiarity in MS word,
- Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with accounting software (Lawson, QuickBooks, Sun or Pastel).
- Knowledge of USAID, GATES, Global Fund donor regulations required
- Ability to travel nationally 30% of time.
- Firm and fair
- Tact and Integrity