Technical Specialist / Head
Specialised Systems - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
Technical Specialist / Head
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES – TECHNICAL SPECIALIST / HEAD
- To manage the Technical division of SSL which envelopes Telecom , as a core business , and other verticals in office automation .
- Good understanding of VOIP technologies including Firewalls, NAT and Gatekeepers.
- Knowledge on CUCM, CUC, CUP, CUCCE, Hybrid PaBX ( NEC, AVAYA, GRANDSTREAM,CORAL etc..) , understanding LAN & WAN including MPLS.
- Voice Gateway MGCP, H323, SIP, CUBE, Dial Peers, Translation Rules, SRST.
- Working on Layer 2/3 which include (Troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrade)
- Determines methods and procedures for new data, voice or video technologies to ensure performance.
- Experience and strong knowledge of telecommunications concept development, deployment, and support.
- Experience and strong knowledge of voice, data, and fiber concept development, deployment, and support.
- Experience and strong knowledge of commercial bandwidth concept development, deployment, and support.
- Have experience on Structured Cabling procedures
- Experience and knowledge of network design including switching, routing, QOS and firewalls.
- Basic construction and design knowledge including electronic , structural, electrical, and mechanical ( Basics only)
- Determines approach for customer, based on assessment of customer needs.
- Provides technical support and guidance on network design issues. Provides problem resolution of complex problems to junior personnel.
- Evaluates and tests data, voice or video networking technologies to establish their potential use.
- Analyzes data, voice or video network documentation and assists in communicating to management regarding the operational status of networks.
- VoIP readiness assessment, Develop SOW and BOM, Documentation and process flows to assist sales people related to customer query.
- Troubleshooting reported incidents and correcting problems diagnosed
- Vendor coordination for technical issues
- Should be able to create, change IVR based on business need.
- Integrating Cisco IPT infrastructure with other vendor systems such as Siemens/Panasonic/NEC/Avaya PBXs.
- Design policies and procedures for the Technical department in line with Kaizen and ISO9001 practices .Ensure documentation .
- Job involves managing technical , commercial and managerial lines in office automation verticals which includes but not limited to MFP Copiers ( SHARP, CANON ...) , Power Management Systems ( Eaton ) , etc.. Knowledge of Electrical Engg. will be an added advantage . Specialised Systems is expanding and knowledge and keenness to learn on emerging technologies is desired .
- Set targets for Service performance and ensure Technical department as a Profit centre .