SPRIZ - Chipata, Eastern
JOB VACANCY: Project Officer
Reporting to: Senior Project Officer
Duration: 1 year
Support for Poverty Reduction in Zambia (SPRIZ), a non-profit NGO is seeking to employ a qualified Project Officer for the Chipata Office whose main role will be to contribute towards the fight against agricultural child labour using Adult Literacy as the main tool. SPRIZ mainly employs ILO strategies of prevention, withdraw and awareness in fighting child labour through advocacy, capacity building and service delivery. The Senior Project Officer will thus be responsible for managing the SPRIZ Chipata Office and ensuring project (s) goals and objectives are met.
- Implementing child labour project activities using participatory methodologies
- Facilitate workshops/ trainings on adult literacy and child labour related issues
- Engage and work with local communities and leadership in fighting child labour and create a healthy rapport
- Organise district level dialogue forums for child labour stakeholders in liason with the District Labour Office
- Compile monthly and quarterly financial and narrative reports.
- Coordinate project activities and collaborate with relevant stakeholders
Qualifications and competencies
- Diploma in adult education, Development Studies or equivalent
- Proven record of community work with 2- 3 years work exeprience
- Experience in adult education and micro credit/village banking
- Knowledge of the use of participatory methodologies and facilitation skills.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Execellent Report writing skills and proficient in computer skills.
- Good interpersonal and team-playing skills and ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment, with knowledge of local language and cultural values
- Ability to ride a motorbike preferably with a class 3 or 4 Valid Driving license