Senior Project Officer
SPRIZ - Chipata, Eastern
JOB VACANCY: Senior Project Officer
Reporting to: Programs Manager
Duration: 1 year
Support for Poverty Reduction in Zambia (SPRIZ), a non-profit NGO is seeking to employ a qualified Senior Project Officer for the Chipata Office whose main role will be to contribute towards the fight against agricultural child labour using Adult Literacy as the main tool. SPRIZ mainly employs ILO strategies of prevention, withdraw and awareness in fighting child labour through advocacy, capacity building and service delivery. The Senior Project Officer will thus be responsible for managing the SPRIZ Chipata Office and ensuring project (s) goals and objectives are met.
- Provide on-site leadership to the child labour project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals.
- Participate in developing templates and tools for tracking progress for on-going projects.
- Ensure projects are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- Produce monthly and quarterly reports
- Liaise with other local NGOs/ Government departments by building partnerships and ensuring smooth coordination with relevant stakeholders.
- Participate in District Child Labour Committee (DCLC) meetings on behalf of SPRIZ
- Be a focal point for SPRIZ at District and Provincial level in Eastern Province and perform any other duties assigned by management.
Qualifications and competencies
- Degree in Adult Education, Development Studies or equivalent
- At least 5 years work experience in managing adult literacy programs preferably in an NGO
- Experience on child labour projects will be an added advantage
- Ability to use participatory methodologies and strong facilitation skills
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and team-playing skills and ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment, with knowledge of local language and cultural values.
- Knowledge in micro- credit/ village banking.
- Excellent report writing skills and proficient in computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to ride a motorbike preferably with a class 3 or 4 Valid Driving license