St. Ignatius College - Lusaka, Lusaka
St Ignatius College is a private non-profit Catholic Jesuit School located in Ibex Hill Lusaka and wholly owned by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). Established in 1979 by the Leopards Hill Trust, the college is one of the oldest private schools in Zambia. In 2012, The Jesuits took over the running of the college and continue today a tradition rooted in the Jesuit approach to education. One of the great strengths of St Ignatius College is the commitment on not only academic excellence but also on the curricular leadership and community service. The aim of Jesuit Education is to provide academic excellence and quality education of the whole person in the Jesuit tradition. Further, the Jesuits desire a school that is centred on moulding tomorrow’s leaders to work for others in pursuit of a just and humane world. Motto: Learning for service of God and Others.
Our Mission – Our Purpose
To mould leaders who are emotionally intelligent, environmentally conscious, spiritually reflective, and engaged in academic rigor by investing in learning and teaching.
Our Vision – Our Collective
Dream young leaders empowered in the Ignatian tradition working towards a just and humane world.
Our Values – Our Collective Heritage
Our values, exposing the new spirit of the college and its key stakeholders, are Holistic and complete learning culture Constant striving to be better and more social justice for all and in all value in diversity and unity
The College is Seeking to recruit a dynamic, motivated, enthusiastic and qualified teacher in the role of ICT .
Overall Job Purpose:
To provide a balanced curriculum and maintain progress of all learners through the relevant subject at a pace suitable to their development using appropriate skills and techniques of differentiation.
- Support and uphold the philosophy of catholic education and the mission of the school
- Supports and adheres to the code of conduct and policies and procedures of the school
- Communicate with parents regarding academic, behaviour, or safety concerns
- Plan Lessons according to curriculum standards and stay abreast of latest IT Trends
- Perform Regular hardware and software updates on classroom IT devices
- Monitor student progress through administrating assignments and tests
- Maintain current and accurate records according to school policy
- Uses effective instructional methods/ models according to professional standard practice
- Provide appropriate material resource for students to engage in learning
- Plans for instruction with logically sequenced objectives, based on adopted curriculum and submitted according to the school policy
- Collaborate with grade level teachers to enhance and support instructional planning
- Demonstrate a willingness to respond to individual learning needs
- Ensure that departmental health and safety is in place and adhered to
- Able to address and treat learners with respect and dignity
- To facility and encourage a learning experience which provides leaners with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential
- Ensure ICT Safety co-ordination, including all aspects of e – safety
- Participate in relevant meetings with colleagues, parents and be involved in links with external agencies as part of curriculum enhancement, including extra-curricular activities and off-site programs
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Department/ college
- Full Grade Twelve School Certificate with 5 O levels.
- Minimum of a Degree in Education
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a reputable learning institution
- The applicant should also have an interest in learner’s affairs holistically
- Must have three traceable referees.
THE PERSON must:
- Possess a strong personality and character
- Be a Team player.
- Be very Honest.
- Be a confident communicator with shrewd decision-making skills.
- Be able to manage a demanding and progressive workload.
- A result/ performance-oriented person.
- Possess the credibility to forge effective working relationships with senior management and other staff.
- Mature disposition
- Tact and diplomacy required in solving problems
- Confidentiality and Integrity
- ICT Skills and capacity to building skills are critical.
In return you can look forward to a competitive reward and benefits that include pension, life assurance and medical.
N.B: Applicant for positions at St Ignatius College are expected to support the school’s mission and contribute to what St Ignatius a catholic school strives to accomplish as a Jesuit institution.