Insurance Sales & Distribution
Achievement of the business targets, income and profit budgets by way of engaging the stakeholders and
offering insurance support and advice to commercial line customers. .
- Manage and develop business strategies and identify opportunities within the segments for commercial
- Have a full overview of policy classes, helping in diversifying our business portfolio into other non-
conventional product which is in line with current market trends e.g. Terrorism cover, cables, contractors
all risks cover, Marine and renewable energy
- Oversee and achieve the sales performance on Buisness lines.
- Identify anomalies and develop strategies to rectify and improve performance.
- Provide input to branch/regional/national campaigns to ensure maximum penetration into core insurance
- Constantly maintain a professional environment and celebrate successes
- Timeously feedback to the network
- Attend regular meetings with key stakeholders
- Analyse competitor trends, pricing to optimize on sales
- Liaise with insurance companies
- Service all complaints
- Ensure competency-based training on Advisory products takes place with various stakeholders as and when
- Ensure that all stakeholders are trained accredited, and coached on the various products
- Servicing of expenses and control cost to income ratios
- Control expenses and use them correctly in order for us to achieve the highest return related to business
- Analysis of the monthly Insurance MIS and act accordingly to bridge any gaps that may exist
- Apply knowledge, resources and experience to resolve problems
- Able to follow or professional challenge defined processes
Risk & Compliance
- Provides complete disclosure to the customers in terms of accreditation, service fees, and commission.
- Ensures proper record keeping in terms of Proceeds of Crime and Anti Money Laundering Act, The Banking
Act (Cap 488), The Anti-Corruption & Economic Crimes Act, The Insurance Act and any other relevant
Preferred Qualification And Experience
ACII or other relevant high level insurance qualification
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized university
- Previous banking or Insurance sales expereince
- Experience in the Insurance and insurance broking industry
- Proven business acquisition skills
- Over 10 years’ experience in handling Coprorate/Commercial customers
Understanding of macro-economic, business, social, political trends and the transformation of this
knowledge into operational strategy
- In depth understanding of range of products in market, competitor advantages and disadvantages and own
product competitive position
- A sound understanding of risk cycles pertaining to the industry being analysed.
- A good current knowledge and understanding of different industry sectors and sector risk profiles/ trends.
- A thorough knowledge of multi-level products available to Personal banking and SME Tier II banking
- Extract and apply information to Customer Relationship Management strategy
- Full understanding of all products, sound knowledge of the bank processes and procedures