Specialist, FCC Controls
Standard Chartered Bank - Lusaka, Lusaka
Specialist, FCC Controls
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Business (Responsibilities related to the delivery of business and / or financial objectives)
• Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices, and trends.
• Keep track of and provide advice to relevant stakeholders on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, laws, best practices and policies related to FCC.
Processes (Processes for which the role is responsible under the ORF as 1st & 2nd line; for executing / completing, and for supervising)
• Develop, keep up to date and recommend for approval by the relevant Risk Committee, appropriate policies/processes/DOIs to address financial crime risks, aligning with relevant regulatory requirements.
• Providing governance and oversight over the implementation of FCC-related policies and procedures in [Globa/Region/Country/Business] to ensure compliance with such policies and procedures.
• Provide advice to relevant stakeholders on compliance with Group standards relating to [AML/Sanctions/ABC].
Risk Management (Responsibilities Under Risk Management Framework – both execution and supervisory)
• Ensure the suitability and quality of case data maintained on enterprise case management systems.
• Understand technical aspects of systems relevant to CDD, Client Risk Assessments, Name and Transaction Screening, AML Monitoring and Case Management .
• Apply risk and data analytic tools/techniques to optimise and tune relevant detection scenarios, and screening and monitoring systems.
• Ensure that detection scenarios that are developed and deployed are fit-for-purpose.
• Review and assess existing system and controls relevant to FCC to ascertain operational performance and effectiveness.
• Align/support with the alignment of relevant systems and controls to industry best practice and close out any compliance gaps.
• Ensure that the relevant lists and database as used by the screening systems are up to date.
• Apply Group and FCC policies and processes (AML surveillance, client screening, risk assessment) to manage risks.
• Make recommendations (and/or implement) to relevant stakeholders on possible risk management responses to identified risks and/or findings of concerns from investigations.
• Assess risks arising from products / segments / geographies / customers / transactions.
• Advise relevant stakeholders on outcomes of [AML/Sanctions/ABC] risks identification and assessment methodologies.
• Conduct a root cause analysis on the control/other failures to ensure lessons are learned across the bank.
• Provide intelligence inputs to support calibration of bank’s Risk Methodologies (including aggregate client risk, product risk and country risk assessments).
• Propose control improvements, enhancements and simplifications where appropriate.
• Support all control checks undertaken by FCC under the Operational Risk Framework (ORF).
• Collate, analyse and interpret data in reports to senior management and relevant governance/risk committees.
• Analyse and interpret data to produce reports that help the bank identify and manage emerging areas of risk / vulnerability and thus drive remediation action within the FCC function.
Regulatory & Business conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Work to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- GCSE O’level minimum 5 credits or better including Mathematics & English
- A university degree is preferable
- Good understanding of AML,ABC & Sanctions
- Good Interpersonal Relations
- Good communication skills