Syngenta - Lusaka, Lusaka
Supervises a multidisciplinary team executing Field Trials across key Crops and indications within Zambia.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Responsible for coordination and executing of Field Trials across key crops and indications within Zambia.
- Ensures optimization of trial network together with partners
- Ensures that trial data is collected timely and results are validated and recommendations / insights on performance of tested products and solutions are delivered on time and with the right quality.
- Ensures HSE and Legal compliance on and off the job.
- Set the direction and culture of the team for Excellency.
- Leads and motivates team personnel, setting standards of best practices.
- Critical expertise and Experience
- Technical knowledge of agronomy and Field trialing; cooperating with experts within territory to ensure that specific technical expertise is shared
- Knowledge of crop protection and seed trialing
- Data management and organization skills
- Strong Operational and Functional Management capabilities
- Stakeholder management, communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to share best practices.
- Strong drive and energy, ability to deal with ambiguity
- Minimum of a Diploma in General Agriculture or related biological science.
Other Behaviors Critical for the role
- Interaction and negotiation on a broad front with various in country stakeholders.
- Understanding the needs of commercial organization in Zambia.
- Willingness to travel extensively within and outside Zambia
Syngenta Leadership Capabilities
- Sets ambitious strategic goals
- Communicates with impact
- Leads change and holds ambiguity
- Builds a culture of innovation
- Focuses on customers
- Manages for performance
- Develops people, organization, and self
- Collaborates across boundaries