Sales and Marketing Manager
Talent House Limited - Location: Ndola, Copperbelt Province, Zambia, Copperbelt
JOB TITLE: Sales and Marketing Manager
A respectable company in heavy building and construction infrastructure is looking to hire a Sales and Marketing Manager.
To manager the marketing and sales function by ensuring that the company remains a market leader in the production and distribution. This role is also responsible for overseeing brand promotion, developing budgets, pricing strategies and advertising campaigns. This role will also entail conducting competitor review and regular Research and Development exercises to ensure the market share is retained and improved upon
Specific duties include:
- Developing a competitive pricing strategy that maximizes profits and market share but considers customer satisfaction
- Liaise with the processing department on production forecast schedules
- Planning and distribution of daily, weekly and monthly
- Liaising with customers on planned deliveries and production schedules.
- Develop and implement a satisfactory sales plan for the whole country.
- Developing budgets, research and development appropriations, return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
- Developing holistic marketing campaigns.
- Ensure all sales are covered by relevant documentation such as letters of credit and other acceptable guarantees.
- Review annual market rates for international sells and raw material purchases
- Ensure relevant invoices are received by customers according to contract requirements
- Work with company legal counsel to draft and manage the haulage contracts.
- Develop and manage systems/processes to enable the achievement of the company targets.
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Sales Finance or any other related course
- At least 10 years relevant experience in recognized manufacturing or mining organisation at managerial level
- Commercially astute.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Sound knowledge of contract law both Zambian and English.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English and show a commitment to understand local culture and impart technical knowledge to subordinates.
- Competent in incident/accident investigation
- Proven ability to deliver results and act as a change agent.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team safely and improve team safety awareness.
- Experience in managing costs and budgeting
- Demonstrated application of continuous improvement ideas
- Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications.
- MS Word, Excel and Outlook.