Sales and Marketing Manager
Talent House Limited - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
A respectable company in heavy building and construction infrastructure is looking to hire a Sales and Marketing Manager.
The individual should have at least 5 -7 years’ experience in management and retaining of large and high end customers.
The successful candidate will source for new sales and marketing opportunities and have targets to achieve required quotas. He/she will increasing income and revenue by managing and negotiating with clients, generating leads, qualifying prospects and managing sales of products and services.
The product requires the act of selling that focuses on the service provided to customers and the quality of the relationship and dialog with the customer and the market
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a sales plan for the whole country with the ability to review and manage on a daily basis
- Segment the customer portfolio.
- Develop and maintain profitable sales by negotiating supply contracts favorable to the company at all time
- Ensures sales of company products, services and benefits by responsible presentation, adherence to company standards and graphics.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers, understanding the drivers of business in each segment of your territory and evolution of customer needs that may be the basis of development of new or improved products.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Responsible for identification of knowledge gaps and training needs for merchants and organisation/recommendation of relevant training with the view of increasing sales
- Plan sales territory coverage to ensure maximum customer contact
- Regularly review account receivable position of all customers under your responsibility
- Regularly collect intelligence information which includes but is not limited to pricing, competitor activities such as promotions, expansion plans and trading terms.
- Promptly handle all customer queries and complaints
- Ensure smooth execution of marketing driven promotional activities
- A civil engineer graduate with marketing or commercial qualification.
- 5 to 7 years work experience
- Must be a dedicated sales pusher
- The candidate requires a good understanding of building materials and their application.
- The candidate must possess leadership skills leading his/her team how to achieve performance.
- He/she must be well organized in the structuring of his and his team’s work
- Good negotiation and selling skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Must have good public relations and communication skills
- Be self-motivated, dynamic and a self-starter
- Ability to write basic and technical reports and be able to present to management and customers.
- Be a team player